Words Coming out

Where to begin ? I exactly don’t know where to begin.
I’m not exactly struggling but I am struggling . Every time i leave a room one of the family members make a comment about my weight , me being skinny . they ask " what have you eaten today " , "do you like being skinny " , “does being skinny bother you” . Then another comment of the “doctor is going to ask why you lost 8 pounds.” But also saying “you need to eat” or “you need more protein in your system”.
I am so damn tired of these comments being directed towards myself then being told they are not saying it to be mean. Some of those comments i mentioned SHOULD NOT BE MENTIONED to someone cause i feel like it would just make someone feel insecure about their weight, their image. how they look or even dress. I dont want to snap back at them because i dont want it to look like im “sick” or i have something wrong with me .
Yeah maybe i forget to eat a lot but i dont appreciate the comments that are made towards me . I am an adult and i want to be able to live in an adult body with not having to worry about the comments that are made / directed towards me .
Its at the point where i dont feel comfortable checking my own weight because of these comments . If i do check , i feel like i would be insecure and go back to my habits of self harming or wanting to hang myself . I dont have the urges to do so but i am afraid of getting them back. But also i dont want to relapse because im almost 3 years clean ( 1 month and 10 days to go).
I dont know what to do , i dont want these habits to happen again. I really need help.

2 Likes

I am sorry to hear what is happening i wont say i understand because im not you so i dont but what i will say is that your strong your worth it and if we take it one day at a time everything im sure will be okay when i was in group therapy for depression my group therapist always talked about writing a letter so maybe try typing or writing a letter physically handing it to them and they can read it that way you know they have it and have seen it i truly hope things get better for you stay strong

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.