Worried about a friend

where do i start? so, i met this guy a little over a year ago on a game, and we’ve been close friends since, and have talked nearly every day since then. we don’t live in the same country, and i don’t have his phone number or anything like that, we always just talked over discord, which is where i talk to most of my friends.

like i said, we’ve been in constant contact, but he suddenly disappeared around 10 days ago. there hasn’t been any kind of sign from him, which is so extremely out of character for him that it is worrying me a lot. we have a groupchat with another friend, and though she isn’t very active on discord, she heavily agrees with me that it’s insanely out of character for him to not reply for such a long time. we can’t reach him at all, and we’re both super concerned, especially because he’s been beaten up and gotten into fights before because he’s gay.

fortunately i do have his boyfriend’s tiktok account, so i sent him a message to ask if everything is okay with our friend, but his boyfriend is very inactive on tiktok, so i haven’t gotten a response yet and probably won’t for a long time.

i just can’t help but to feel worried, because no logical explanation i can think of, makes much sense. i’m trying to believe that maybe his mother took his phone or something, but i find that hard to believe somehow. from everything i know about her, she’s not really the type to do that at all, and i wanna believe my friend would find a way to text us about it.

it might just be nothing, but i just feel uneasy about this and i hope he or his boyfriend answers us soon.

2 Likes

Hey there,

I’m so sorry to hear about your friend, that can definitely be scary.

I dunno how it is in different countries, but if there’s an option for some type of wellness check situation that can be done? Or maybe if there’s any mutual friends with the boyfriend on tiktok that you can reach out too to get any type of information?

I really hope that is just nothing, but please PLEASE keep us updated.

1 Like

Hi @HeresA.Gun.KillMePlease,

You are good friend for worrying about his disappearance. I would be scared if my friend didn’t respond back around 10 days. It’s good that you contact his boyfriend. That’s probably what I have done in your situation. I will try to contact anyone is associated with your friend and his boyfriend. They might know his contact information. I hope your friend is feeling okay too. He must going through a difficult situation.

Let us know, what happened to your friend!

1 Like

Hi, first of all I think you are a great friend for caring and wanting to know why someone does not contact you.
I really hope in the meantime either the boyfriend or another mutual friend will have been able to shed some light on the situation.

1 Like

oh dear, i forgot i posted this. but all is well! he texted me back, and things are as they were before again :]

1 Like

I am so glad to hear that! Thanks for letting us know. And thank you for caring so much for your friend!

1 Like