Worried about my family

Hello everyone, my name is David I’m 19. I live with my mother and with my little sister (3) alone in switzerland. Sorry for my bad english.

It took me a long time to try and post something in here. So my dad left us when I was 4 and my little sisters father left us when she was 4-5 months. And since then my mother isn’t working anymore. About 4 months ago we became a letter from the government. The letters said, when my mother won’t find a job until 21.05.2024 she and my sister will be departet back to our homecountry. I can stay because I got an apprenticeship and I got the swiss passport. Right now we are in debt because we are getting less money then we need. So i don’t really know what to do. Because my mother is applying for jobs and nobody wants her. She to apply to a sales job, to cashier i think she tried almost everything possible.

I just want some advices how to handle.

2 Likes

Welcome to Heart Support, David141

Thank you for posting here on Heart Support. It can be hard to share our struggles and trust this new community, but we are here for you. Feel free to make a post if you need anything more.

I am not familiar with how things are in Switzerland, so I may not have any useful advice, but the possibility of being separated from someone who takes care of you with everything they have is scary, no matter where you are in the world. Know that it is normal to be worried in this situation. I hope your mother can find a job soon and you can stay together. I am sure, with the amount of effort she is putting in, that someone will see it and accept her. If it gets hard to think about the future, the present is also a good place for your mind to be.

Also, from this post, I can see that you are doing so much to help your family out right now. The stress can be high, so remember to take care of yourself too.

Here for you,
Gremlin

1 Like

Hello Gremlin

Thank you for your answer.

I really try my best, but since I’m in an apprentice it’s hard for me to look after everything and toi make some good money. Because every money I get i need to report and government takes the amount out of my mothers money.

I often hear to music like Rammstein oder Slipknot because it makes me happy I don’t know why. I just don’t know how I will live without my mother and sister.

1 Like

Please let us know how you are doing.
I hope you are taking time for yourself. Remember: you cannot pour from an empty cup.

Hey David,

Thank you for being open with us here, we appreciate it and don’t take it for granted. Wow, you are going through a lot right now, and I am so sorry, you don’t deserve this pain and struggle. I know in the moment it feels like things will not get better, but please remember that it does. I am glad you are posting here, I can understand how hard it can be to open up, I’m proud of you.

A parent leaving at a young age I cannot even begin to think of how hard that must have been for you, your sister, and your mother. When I was still in my moms belly and my sister was born, a couple years old, my father did take some time away, he left for a bit. That has got to be something so painful and difficult and I am just so sorry for your mother.

I live in the US so I am not too informed of how Switzerland works, the options available there… I hope you are able to find a place to help you out a bit. I know where I am from there are services to help people find jobs, I at one time used it- maybe you could see if there is something like that near you for your mother. My mother is also going through the struggle of trying to find a job, nobody will hire her as well it seems for now. I know how terrible that can feel as I get denied for a lot of jobs as well, it is a difficult time. There are some services here as well that assist you with your resume, I believe there are some websites as well that can assist with improving a resume.

Handling these situations can be difficult, you can only do so much… and that is a painful thing. But please remember some key things, such as this is not your fault, you are doing the best you can do. It’s okay to ask for help from family, I know that can be difficult but if that is an option available to you guys I would certainly give it a try, but I do understand some do not have that availability. Debt really sucks, I totally get that at this time in my life. It’s like you can never make enough money these days to survive, I’m sorry that is something you are dealing with as well. You are not alone in this.

I am glad that you have a way of release for some time with music, although songs only last for a certain time, it is nice to feel as though you are heard and not alone, that others have been through what you have. Don’t let that go. Know that you always have us here to listen. I care, and I truly hope that things can get better for you all. You all deserve so much better. Please know it is possible for things to get better, even if it doesn’t feel like it.

Take it slow, know that you are doing everything you can.

With love,
Lys

1 Like