Wow i had to take about 20 deep breaths to bring m

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist analyzes Su!cIde by Ren
Wow, I had to take about 20 deep breaths to bring myself back after watching/listening to this. I first heard Ren about a month ago, “Hi Ren” was the first song that I heard and coming from someone who loves to listen to music that genuinely makes me feel strong emotions, (I have a playlist for every mood) I have never had a song make me feel the way “Hi Ren” did. Ren is one of the most powerful, realistic, and ingenious artists ever and will be.
Today, watching this video was the first time I listened to this song and I felt every word, every guitar string, every piano key move through my whole body. then you have Taylor giving her story and explaining everything she was feeling and what the song means to her. I felt her words as much as I felt Ren’s words. I lost my dad to this 19yrs ago, I was 25, and 13 months before that I lost one of my best friends I had known since high school, she was also my soul mate but our timing wasn’t right, she was with someone who was physically abusive, I moved out of state my senior year to get away from my physically, emotionally abusive alcoholic father. I haven’t taken the ACES test but if I did I’d score about a 7, hell it could be higher, I wouldn’t be surprised if I have some stuff blocked away, I do know my parents have never been incarcerated, so yeah. Starting with my soul passing 20yrs ago and then my fathers, I don’t think a day has gone by where I didn’t think to myself if I had stayed then they’d still be here, and since they’re not why am I. Then I remember, oh yeah my mom, it would hurt my mom too much, so I continue on, for now, @heartsupport The only reason I opened up like this was because of Taylor, Since I watched this two hours ago I’ve watched 3 more of her reacting to REN videos. No Therapist has ever made me feel the way she made me feel. Heard and Understood.

2 Likes

I’m so deeply moved by your story. I know that I resonate to losing a soulmate. It feels like I lost an eternity and a lifetime by losing him. It’s something that weighs heavily and can stay with you. The pain slowly gets more bearable and some of the memories don’t sting quite as much, but I don’t think you ever fully forget the feeling.

I’m so glad you found something that resonated so deep with you here. I hope that by finding this channel and by feeling like you’ve been seen and heard, that you’ve been understood, that it makes it a little lighter in your heart.
May this be the start of a healing journey for you. May you know your worth and value in this world, because as much as it’s such a noted thing to ensure that your mother is okay, you have a value and worth beyond that.
I’m so glad you’re here and you’re sharing. I’m so glad you found something that helped resonate in your heart

1 Like

Hello. So impressed with you sharing your story and making your post. I made a short video response to offer some support. Wow i had to take about 20 deep breaths -- Response | Loom