Yes, I’m that person

Yes, I’m THAT person…

I’m that sad person who sits in a McDonalds parking lot late at night eating chicken nuggets and an apple pie.

I’m that numb person who drives home, almost gets hit by a bus, and then only cares about how it would suck if my sister wouldn’t have a car if I crashed it.

I’m that emotionally unstable person who is celebrating you in one moment, and is sitting in a corner, contemplating life’s darkest facets , the very next moment.

I’m that exhausted person who keeps and keeps doing everything for everyone, but is too tired to do anything for herself.

I’m that crazy person who can’t decide if she wants to get better not, because trying just doesn’t seem to be enough.

I’m that person.
The one that feels everything, and nothing at all.
The one that wants everyone to feel loved and know their value, but can’t accept love or believe her value.
The one that sees beauty in little things, but can’t grasp the big picture.
The one that’d rather die now, but still tells people to have hope.

I’m the one who says it’s okay, for real this time, but then keeps hurting in silence until the thoughts creep up again.

I’m the one who wants to save the world, but can’t be saved herself.

I’m that person.
The one who can’t put words to her emotions and can’t say what she wants or needs. The one who ruins others lives and gnaws on their nerves. The one who wants change so bad, and is scared she will fail once again. The one who is led by emotions and doesn’t want to hurt anymore.

Hoping to see a brighter day - some day - that person tries to make it through the night, to wake up from sleeplessness.

I’m that person.

4 Likes

@fiji

Well, you are a human being. With your strenghts, your fragilities, your experiences, your sensitivity, your memory, your desires.

The person you are is enough.
The person you are have worth.

You’re that person who keep caring about others despite their own struggles. That person who brings hope to others while they are aware of how dark this world can be.
You’re that person who keep fighting, who keep sharing and reaching out even if they don’t know at the moment if it would be useful. That person who don’t give up.
You’re that person who sees and feels this world intensely, which can feel sometimes like being a gift and a curse at the same time.
You’re that person who perceive themself in a way that is probably too diminishing. That person who underestimate their own strenghts.
You’re that person who managed to write a book and who’ll certainly inspire people around them thanks to this.
You’re that person who tend to hesitate to reach out to their beloved ones, just because they don’t want to annoy them, while that person is without a doubt a sunshine for those who have the chance to know them.

You’re that person who is loved, unconditionnally.
I appreciate that person.
I care about you.

:heart:

2 Likes

Hi Fiji - I’ve been thinking about your post for a couple hours now. Thank you for posting. :heart: I really connect with a lot of this.

We can be all these things at the same time. We’re all so fucking broken and beautiful and complicated and it is such a stress and a burden to hold all these things at once. It’s like being ripped open.

But you know, when you work to hold all these things together, I believe that’s where growth comes from. When you can hold love and beauty and also fear and hopelessness at the same time - there’s acceptance in that I think.

Keep writing - you have a gift in that. I see you said you can’t put words to your emotions but you have put written words here that are so honest and compelling. I am hoping for you too that you see a brighter day. And also hoping that when you are in pain, you can still feel the sun shining on you.

Thank you - your post was really a gift. :heart:

3 Likes

I connect so well with this. I feel like I’m that person too, in a lot of ways. We’re in this together. We are those people. You are not alone. I hope brighter days are ahead for you. I love you.
Hold fast, you’re worth the breath in your lungs and much, much more. Hang in there. :heart:

2 Likes

I can relate to this. On so many levels. But I want you to know how much this community cares for you. I see you my friend and I hear your hurting. I hope that some day these feelings can reverse and feel more fulfilled, healed and happy. Just know that you are surrounded by people who love you. You are a part of this family. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you friend.
That means a lot me.

2 Likes

Thank you.

I am glad you liked my words.

3 Likes

Thanks friend

Your words mean a lot to me

2 Likes

Thanks jaden

Your response means a lot to me

3 Likes

Thanks friend.
I appreciate it.

1 Like

Sounds like poetry. Also sounds like you have had plenty of time (too much time) and thought about the person you were or think you are. But tomorrow does not have to be yesterday. I’m a mess myself and came across this yesterday https://youtu.be/X6_O-zOFBFg. I suggest you start there, with an open mind, and see where it takes you, see what you find. What you feed will grow.

3 Likes