Yipee

From derpy3443: been 12 days clean from sh. it definitely felt like a really long time, but i continue trying to distract myself. im still working up the courage to tell my parents about it, but i think i still need time to get more comfortable with the idea of it. ig im just writing this to let others who also deal with sh that even though it takes a lot of work to stay clean, you are worth that hard work. you deserve to be happy, and to live a life where you don’t have to resort to sh. im going to keep trying, and i hope you try hard too. I wish anyone the best of luck to their journey to being clean. :heart:

7 Likes

From micro_tato: This is a beautiful message <@769251337338617907>. Thank you for taking the time for it and simply for sharing it. 12 days is an AMAZING streak and we are here for sure so very proud of you. Each day, each minute spent without hurting yourself is a gained experience, one in which you prove to yourself how much strength you have, and how much you can overcome this beast that is self-harm. It’s okay if you still need time to consider talking to your parents - although it’s amazing that you are thinking of it. It sounds like you know yourself well, you know what is healthy for you, and it’s okay to acknowledge that sometimes healthy decisions are scary/uncomfortable too. Know that you have friends here who care and are walking alongside you in this journey, through the steps you take right now, and through the next ones you’ll know on your path. You too are so worth it and deserves to be happy. :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing this! I’m so excited for you. You’ve taken some wonderful steps so far friend and the encouragement at the end is just beautiful

3 Likes

That’s WONDERFUL! And your thoughts on it are right on the money. Sounds like you are headed in the right direction.

Take your own time to process it all. You are definitely worth it and have lots to offer.

3 Likes

I am so proud of you. Find something new to find joy in every day. Pick up a new hobby. Find something that inspires you to improve on. You are doing amazing. Thank you for sharing this with all of us.

You are amazing. You are brave. You are strong. You are valid. You are enough. You matter.

-StarFox :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

hi friend, your words are powerful and your heart is amazing. thank you for sharing your thoughts on your own journey and reaching out to those that have or are currently walking a similar path. 12 days clean is incredible - your hard work to get here is seen and celebrated!! with all the kind words you shared to this community in your post, i want to echo them right back to you: you are worth your hard work, all your happiness is deserved, and i hope you live a life full of all good things, good times, and good thoughts. wishing you all the best on your journey, my friend. love, twix

2 Likes

Wow derpy3443 that’s really awesome that you’ve been clean from SH for 12 days! I’m so proud of you! That really does take a lot of work and I hope that you can find the courage to talk to your parents about it. They can get you some help where you can learn coping skills other than just distracting yourself, like urge surfing for example (link below). It’s something that helps me a lot. You matter and you’re doing so well!!

2 Likes

I love this message and the amount of love you extend outward to others who may be in need of reading it. And congratulations on 12 days. That is amazing! I hope the achievement of this victory stays with you each day forward. You got this! So super proud of you for not only acknowledging your own moment to celebrate but paying that value forward to others. I second your title “Yippee”!

4 Likes