Your take on this trilogy was so empathetic my son

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist reacts to The Tale of Jenny and Screech by Ren
Your take on this trilogy was so empathetic! My son (about to turn 14) is on the autism spectrum and was very deeply affected by the isolation of the pandemic. He has trouble facing and processing his emotions and often becomes destructive (of property, not people) when he feels strong emotions. I am a single working mom and have only sporadic ability to engage with him to help. He really needs a male mentor who really knows how to guide him and redirect him. I worry about his future if he never learns to process emotions and reduce his reactivity. A kid with mental health challenges in his early 20’s was shot and killed just up the street from us by the police. It’s a tough world for kids like my son.

2 Likes

Happy to hear you enjoyed the take. As a single parent I’m sure this must be very hard to manage, and I think you are very strong for doing your best to do so. I don’t know if there are any Big brothers of America, or any youth mentorships programs around where you are, but that might be an option if you can find one. I’m not sure if I can be much help other than that. I just hope the best for you and your son and hope you can find some solutions to try to help manage things for the both of you in the future. Feel free to share more about your situation if you ever want/need to talk about what you are going through. You are very strong and you are loved! <3

Hello friend,

Unfortunately, I don’t have any suggestions or advice that I can offer. So I’d just like to stop by and offer you some encouragement and support. It must be scary, especially with the recent incident that happened close by where you live. The world can be very impatient and unforgiving at times. But you are doing a great job, being a single parent, and seeking ways to help your son. The pandemic had a big impact on him and you are doing what you can to try and find ways to get things back on track. I wish you the best of luck on your search and truly hope that you are able to find a good program, professional or community facility that can be of some help for you and your son. I hope you both get the support that you need! :white_heart: