Aaron Gillespie from Underoath interview about mental health struggles 28th April 2023

:heart::heart::heart:===================

I’ve dealt with depression since early childhood and have had anxiety since my first child was born in 2015. I’m 11 months postpartum with my second kiddo and my depression and anxiety became unbearable and horribly scary about 2 months ago…medication has honestly really saved me!!

1 Like

You’re still my hero. Even more so. :heart: you’re the reason I started the drums and got to know music more personally. UnderØath saved my life. I mean that wholeheartedly. I love y’all.

1 Like

When Aaron and I got to run around the country together last year, we chatted about mental health a lot. It was very vulnerable and relatable. Nothing but love here. We’re all here for each other.

1 Like

love u aaron=============

I’m exhausted from this war friends. I don’t want to be here anymore

Personally saw Aaron on emo’s not dead cruise 2022. I was at the gym being a creeper watching you on the treadmill :joy:. Get those workouts in dude. Nothing beats that natural serotonin!!

Damn, the part about the panther full on pouncing after a really long time of feeling like you’ve finally overcome it is so real!

Yes yes and yes! I have had severe social anxiety my whole life and I myself almost 40 still struggle everyday!!! It’s work but it’s worth it. You’re worth it!!

Too bad he’s a total prick in real life. Biggest bummer ever. They say don’t meet your heros…….

Anxiety sucks I know :frowning: thinking about taking meds soon ,hopefully I find ones that actually work for me since the ones I took before did absolutely nothing …u will be in my prayers :pray:t2:

I have panic attacks and anxiety attack everyday, no fun at all

Love him so much! :heart:=====

1 Like

@kishosumi===============

🫶🏻=======================

:heart: Yes, thank you for sharing. We are not alone :heart:

:tiger2:<- mine=================

I feel this, in a such a heavy way, thank you for sharing! :heart::raised_hands:

Yes same exact situation for me

Depression is something I suffer from. A lot of it comes from having to go through life completely and persistently alone and in ways most people can not imagine. My own natural born physical appearance made worse by a birth defect that has left me blind and permanently disfigured in one eye has made the simple act of making friends and acquiring spousal relations with women unachievable and impossible for me to attain. Because of this I’ve lived most of my life all alone. Such feelings of loneliness made exponentially worse by the untimely death of my mom. For she was literally the only person in this life with whom I’ve experienced any form of companionship. Every.morning when I wake up I’m hoping this life I’m living is just a nightmare. But unfortunately this is my reality.