Anxiety-sucks-i-know-thinking-about-taking-meds-so - 1139

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/38249
Anxiety sucks I know :frowning: thinking about taking meds soon ,hopefully I find ones that actually work for me since the ones I took before did absolutely nothing …u will be in my prayers :pray:t2:

1 Like

Oh man, anxiety does suck! That awful feeling of wired and heart beating too fast and not knowing what’s next or what to do about it. Those times when everything feels like a threat. Sometimes you just want to crawl out of your skin to go where it’s quiet. At least for me that’s what I want to do when it hits hard. Definitely talk with your doc about meds if the anxiety is dragging on you like that. It can take a few tries to get the right meds. Until then, stick your toes in the grass or sand, ground yourself for a few minutes and try to breathe. You will be in my prayers.

1 Like

Love that you’re taking steps to care for yourself - anxiety is an interesting beast because it’s a mental and a physical problem. And so treating one side helps, but treating both seems to have a tag-team effect. It’s also an interesting part of the issue - the panther FEELS real, right? You feel it in your body. It’s wild. Glad you’re making progress. It’s a worthwhile journey. I’ve been in EMDR therapy lately and went to a holistic wellness doctor to address some of my physical symptoms and have been getting back into exercise. Pairing the emotional progress with physical progress has been particularly fruitful for me lately. In this together!