Any Twenty One Pilots fans out there?

Hey guys,

I am writing a more light-hearted topic today, maybe someone is in need for some music to cope with depression and dark things like that. I, myself, really love the band Twenty One Pilots because each of their songs is about battling inner demons and such and surviving in spite of all the obstacles.

I realized recently that they will have a tour both in the US and in Europe (where I am) and I literally have no friends who are fans of the band to rave about their awesomeness. So, any fans out there? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

My username used to be Blurryface8123 and people still know me as Blurryface. So yes.

3 Likes

Oh God yesss!! Have you heard the new songs?!

1 Like

Yeah- I love them. I need to listen to them more

1 Like

Yes I love TOP!!! Let’s talk

1 Like

I am absolutely obsessed with the last two songs: Jumpsuit and Nico and the niners- so much that I am watching videos on people boiling down their meaning, and reading about Dema and stuff. I really want to go to their Bandidos tour but I have no one to go with! I think it’s going to be epic:O

I know same here, it is so cleverly written, the whole dema website was pure genius!!! I love the videos of jumpsuit and nico and the niners as well, it tells the whole story and I feel like I’m apart of something greater being a fan of twenty one pilots, because as Tyler said in an interview that we as humans need to create and find our purpose in that way, so listening to TOP makes me feel really special because not many people know the meaning behind their songs and we as their fans (skeleton clique), we know what each song means to us, none of my friends are into TOP and I genuinely feel like I can’t relate to most people, Im so glad I’ve found something that makes me happy and also, so excited that you’ve created this topic. I wish I could go for their bandito concert but I’m from South Africa and don’t have the money to travel. But if you do go… have loads of fun and tell me all about it!!!

I really feel what you are saying. None of my friends are fans either and when I tried to explain to them they looked at me as if I was part of a cult or something haha. But yea, you are so right- the whole narrative they are creating with Dema and the meaning behind the city and the lyrics it’s just so worthy of a damn novel- I would really like to read about it more or maybe have a movie about their story. They are so unique in what they are creating that I wish they got more coverage for their work.

I don’t think I will go to the concert because if I find no one to go with I will prob stay. My city is pretty shady at night to return alone after a concert so there’s that. But I am so happy I found other fans here, it really feels like there are more like-minded people as you said.

2 Likes

Aww man I’m sorry, I hope you meet more people who like them closer to your proximity… I’m always here if you need to talk… tbh I’ve been going though hell during the past couple of days… just sick of campus and the people around me and TOP has been my therapy.

1 Like

I love TOP!
I’m a huge fan of their older stuff. Addict With A Pen off the self-titled album is one of my favorites.
Guns For Hands and Migraine helped me put words to what I was going through and really encouraged me in that season of my life.
Their new stuff is just pure genius. Like the music video for both Jumpsuit and Nico and the Niners I think really portrays what it’s like living with mental illness.

Hold Fast,
-SJ

4 Likes

Hey! TOP are really awesome! I think Car Radio was one of the first songs I heard of them and I immediately felt a special connection to their music and especially their lyrics.
I’m from Europe too btw

3 Likes

Yess i totally agree with Car radio. It makes so much sense to listen to when sad. Are you going to the Bandidos concert?

1 Like

I want to, but I don’t have any plans yet. To which concert would you go?

2 Likes

Hey @sodahead94! Twenty One Pilots is a hit-or-miss for me. :slight_smile: Granted, I haven’t listened to all of their music. Which ones do you recommend??

1 Like

The one in Brussels or Germany

2 Likes

Eric!! Yess you can start listening backwards from their latest songs,Jumpsuit and Nico and the niners. Then my favorites are Heathens, Car radio, heavydirtysoul and goner.

YES I dont know twenty one piot had a new one ill have to go listen to it i kinda like almost alll there songs

1 Like

I would go to one of the shows in Germany. Maybe we can meet up and go togehter, @sodahead94? So we both won’t be alone :wink:

1 Like

Which city? I reckon they will come to Koln?
Would be really cool yet I did not buy tickets.

Yes yes YES!!! TOP is what got me through high school. I listened to a new (to me) some every few weeks on repeat. I would memorize the lyrics and look forward to the next song for months, and that’s what got me through to graduation.

I’m a huge fan of the story behind the band, the lyricism, the clean, meaningful content, the powerful address of some difficult topics, EVERYTHING. I missed the Blurryface tour, sadly, but I have tickets for the Bandito tour and I can’t wait!!! So cool to connect with fellow clique, especially through such a cool organization like heart support.

Thanks for your post friend!

-Amanda

2 Likes