As-everyone-knows-me-and-my-parents-don-t-get-alon

From sammmy2000: So he started to provoked me to be angry and that a way of them to bully me… because I’m easy to make mad… and of course he get what he wanted… I want punch him and slapped him, of course he started to slap me to make me angry… I don’t know what happened to me… I try to keep my cool but they keep how to make me upset… I feel so weak and stupid

3 Likes

Im not sure what is going on. Are you okay?
Is it possible to avoid the ones who are bullying you?And is it possible there is someone you can tell who can take care of the issue?

From sammmy2000: Nope. I’m fine… he just messes with me nope because my parents on their sides

From aslgirl: I know how you feel. I hope your ok now.

From Wolfter: Hmmm…You should stand up to him.
I mean it takes time to get the courage but it’s worth it.
I also recommend listening to music that makes you feel confident…Just recommending it’s up to you bud.
Hope you good now…

Hey Sammy,

Bullies are the worst, because they always want to have this false sense of power, and not giving them the attention or the reaction they want is honestly the best thing you can attempt to do at this point. It’s not the easiest route to go down, but in the long run it’ll definitely be the best for you. Like with a lot of things, it’s a marathon, not a sprint. And we’re here for you every step of the way <3

2 Likes

hey friend,

you are not weak and stupid. i know your reactions come from a place of hurt, discomfort, and a sense of protecting yourself. there are tools out there to more effectively combat physical provocations such as open communication, stepping away from the situations, or speaking to someone about it as a third-party. when these situations begin where other people try to make you angry, please remember to breathe because anger can destroy us from the inside out over time. protect yourself and protect your heart - you have infinite worth and in control!

love,
twix

1 Like

Hey Sammy
Im sorry these people are behaving this way towards you. You say you are easy to make mad? that to the bullies is your weakness and all bullies will look for your weakness and aim straight for it, its cruel. So how do we stop it? if no one is going to stop the bullies then maybe the reaction needs to change, if they don’t see the reaction they are looking for they will eventually get bored and leave you alone but that I understand that isnt easy for you. It is so hard not to resort to anger if that is how you have always done things, my brother also gets angry very quickly, it comes from a place of fear, or sadness and of hurt, not from anything horrid or evil. I would sincerely encourage you to look into ways to help control your reactions before you get to the point of anger, you could try websites or anger management. I honestly think this would go a long way to helping you. You sound like an awesome person, you deserve a matching life. x

1 Like

From sammmy2000: I never felt so weak and used…

From sammmy2000: He’s back at it again and he has been trying to gaslight me to go into the same college that I studied in before he sees my major as useless and without any value or he sees it as useless and he and my mom didn’t like it. I don’t know if I’m willing to continue under this stress and pressure… What can I do to make him shut up about it

3 Likes

It is rough to have a parent trying to control decisions about how you prepare for your future life. When you are a child, helping you prepare by encouraging you to get good grades is the right thing to do. It becomes a problem when a parent remains in that “I know what you need to do” mode. I can’t think of a way for you to “make him shut up about it.”

You can however, guide your emotional response to his words. Would it help to consider that he wants the best for you even though his words are misguided? Some parents persist in pressuring their children to make the “right decisions” even after they become great grandparents. In those cases, the ideal thing is for the children to become compassionately assertive, and inform the parents of their independence and self responsibility.

That may not stop their badgering, but you will have been decent and fair with them while at the same time reminding yourself of your independence.

How about saying “that’s a really good idea Dad. Maybe another shot at a bachelor’s might be possible given how well i’ve been doing on my diploma. But i’ve only just gotten back into the diploma, and i want to really focus on doing well on this. It is possible that the skills and good study habits i’m learning now can help me with a bachelor’s but I really want to FINISH one thing first, and then make decisions about future studying, esp at a higher level.”

1 Like

From sammmy2000: He only said that because he sees my major as useless and without any value and won’t help me get a good working job

1 Like

and it must be very frustrating to not have his support. but if you tell him that this diploma is to help build up your skills as a student, then maybe he can start seeing this diploma as a stepping stone and show some more support.

it’s sort of like buying yourself some time, and giving him the opportunity to learn how to support you. I’m sorry it’s been so hard, but keep working hard, and learning your skills.

1 Like

From sammmy2000: I just want to feel their love

Hi there!

I’m really sorry to hear that you’re going through this stressful situation with your father. It’s important to prioritize your own dreams and aspirations when it comes to choosing your college and major. To address this, consider having an open and honest conversation with your father about your goals, explaining why your chosen path is important to you. Express your desire for his support and understanding. If that doesn’t work, seek guidance and advice from a trusted friend, family member, or counselor who can help mediate the conversation or provide emotional support during this challenging time. Remember, your happiness and future should be your top priority :heart:

I hope this is helpful!

Hello, I am so sorry about what is happening to you. When it comes to majors and college, I want you to know why you wanted to have this major and the college you are going to and have a conversation with your father about your aspirations, explaining the benefits of the major and the college. This can go with research, too, if it is needed. I want you to know that to find at least a counselor or someone who knows much about majoring. I want you to know that at the end of the day, your happiness and future will make you, well, you!

I hope you are well on your well-being journey and your future journey!

1 Like

From sammmy2000: There a-lot of things happen but the main reason mom was angry that her dad did a surgery and didn’t tell her… she blowed up when she knew, then she saw me cleaning the dinner table and my brother wasn’t helping and she was telling off my brother that his brother (me) isn’t a maid to help them out… I wanted to take her side but they will not like that… that will cause more problems and stress

1 Like

From listening2day: Hey Sam,
It is hard when your parents are upset or have disagreements. Sometimes we expect parents to not do that, especially in front of us.
It is very upsetting.
Keep in mind, they are just frail humans like all of us and they get angry, mess up, say wrong things, maybe aren’t the best to each other, etc just like we do.
It is also challenging we can predict stressful situations to come. I wish you a smoother situation soon. Take a breath and show yourself care. <:hrtlegolove:387371584857571328>

From mbarry: Hi Sam – I’m sorry this happened – and so intensely in front of you and your brother. You were brave and selfless to react with silence when your mom got angry with your brother. And of course that was likely her needing to simply be upset. Why don’t we share important and scary things with the people we love? Surgery is a big deal. Your mom’s dad probably didn’t want to burden her with worry. And OF COURSE, your mom wanted to be there to support him. Excellent work in just loving her, and your brother as well. Steady and strong, that’s how I see you. Well done and hang in there.

1 Like