From-sanjeeevg2023-as-a-software-developer-i-never

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/36742
From sanjeeevg2023: As a software developer, I never imagined this would be my career path. It was simply the only option at the time to make a living, but over the years, I’ve grown to appreciate the job and all that it has provided me. However, I find myself plagued by doubt and uncertainty. Am I truly happy with my choice? Is this what I want to do for the rest of my life?
In the past, I struggled with feeling like my best efforts were never enough. I would get caught up in a cycle of trying harder, feeling disappointed, and regretting my past decisions. But I’ve come to realize that constantly raising the bar for ourselves can lead to unrealistic expectations and disappointment. Instead, I’ve learned to lower my expectations and focus on celebrating my own improvements and accomplishments.
Through it all, music has been a source of inspiration and strength for me. Metal, in particular, has given me a new perspective and the ability to face any challenge head-on. The lyrics and messages behind the music have helped me navigate difficult situations and given me the courage to take hits like a champ. Recently, I discovered ERRA, and even though I’m no expert, I can tell the amount of hard work and dedication that goes into creating an album that resonates with both experts and the average listener. So, to the members of @erraband, thank you for your amazing work, and thanks, @jtcavey, for sharing your insights with the world. Keep up the hustle, and know that your music is making a difference in the lives of many.

3 Likes

Hi there sanjeeevg2023, thank you for sharing with us. All these worries make so much sense, and I know that many can relate! With that said, I’m so proud of you for recognizing that you are enough, because it’s true: You’re amazing – just from your brief post, I can immediately see that you’re an eloquent, kind individual and I genuinely appreciate that. Thank you again for sharing what you’ve learned with us and for being here. We appreciate you. <3 Tuna

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. It sounds like you’ve been questioning some of your path. I can relate, so please know that others also face this challenge. Props for recognizing how much your career has supported you. I would like to encourage you to also consider that while your path has led you here, you continue to live - and that means you can lean on your existing career to work on changing directions, if you want!

2 Likes