From-sobersquad12-dancegavindance-absolutely-amazi

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/38130
From sobersquad12: @dancegavindance absolutely amazing to see people from bands I listen to open up and put their thoughts and feelings out there, I struggled with Addiction and Mental health issues majorly until I was 23 years old, got to the point in my life where there was only 2 choices in my life, I was going to get help or I was going to end my life, I just kept looking at myself in the mirror and hated who I had become, I wasn’t raised to be that guy. I made the call out for help to my mom and booked myself into a detox center in Saskatchewan, Canada, for 14 days, then a rehab center in Saskatchewan for 28 days. I found myself again and a passion for the first time since I was in a young kid, helping others. So, I started doing presentations on mental health and addictions by telling my story. 13 presentations so far in the last 7.5 years. Happy and proud to say I’ve been clean and sober since May 13, 2015, finished a diploma in Addictions and Community Health, and work at a detox center casually. Never give up. There is always a solution. Ending your life just stops that miracle from working. Reach out to someone for help when you need it. We are all here for you, love you all. If anyone needs a chat I am here, as well as and countless others

4 Likes

Hey Friend,

Your story is inspiring - you’ve made it from the dark side and have come out on the other end with purpose. A truly beautiful story. I think that a lot of people who go through life suffering see the light at the end of the tunnel as suicide or some form of self harm. Sometimes these moments in our life are there to show us who we need to become in order to live our destiny, much in your case. I resonate deeply with your story as I’ve been in that spot, in my own way, and have been on the path of healing and self actualization; in other words I’m finding my purpose in helping others who suffer from the things I do. Congrats to you and thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your story and joining the Heart Support community! I hope that you continue to have growth and success in you life. That’s great that you are working with people to help them recover. Helping others to get better, is a wonderful calling in life. I also relate to wanting to help those who are going through it. Having lived it. Relaying it to the world, to the those who want help, and to those who don’t see a future. This is powerful stuff. Keep up the good fight my friend.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your powerful and impactful story. You will and have touched a lot of souls.
Keep doing what you are doing. We need you.
:heart:

2 Likes