Have you ever felt the pain of holding on to hope

This topic represents a post from INSTAGRAM that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on INSTAGRAM.
  • When a user from INSTAGRAM is in need of support, topics are created for them in this forum category, where you can encourage them.

View media here: heartsupport on Instagram: "Have you ever felt the pain of holding on to hope, waiting for a day that seemingly never comes? You are not alone, and Jonny from @nothingmoremusic can relate to you. Share your story in the comments and you’ll receive a personalized response from our team here at HeartSupport. #musicmatters #musiccommunity #mentalhealth #nothingmore"

Have you ever felt the pain of holding on to hope, waiting for a day that seemingly never comes? You are not alone, and Jonny from @nothingmoremusic can relate to you. Share your story in the comments and you’ll receive a personalized response from our team here at HeartSupport.

#musicmatters #musiccommunity #mentalhealth #nothingmore

Clever===================

Finally learning that there’s no amount of “try harder”, “do more”, or “stick it out longer” on my part is going to change anything in the people around me that don’t want to change. I need to let them face the consequences of their own actions, so that I can work through my own :black_heart:

But, what if Hope is all you have to make it? To depend on? I’ve always hoped for the best and good things have happened. I guess hope can be a prison to some when they can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel. So far, hope has been good to me.

Love that song and what it means.

“Hope is a prison”=======

10 years ago when I was 25 finding out a baby wasn’t my boy when he was born and hoping he was and then overcoming that depression and binge drinking alcohol was a huge obstacle and also learning to forgive myself and it took years and years for me to do all of that .

Went to the Heart Support Fest in 2023. A month later I was taking an extended leave of absence from my job and getting the intensive help that I needed. Finally got the right diagnosis. Finally got on new meds that help.
It was such a dark time and getting to see the bands I loved as a teen live for the first time was such a surreal experience. A core memory of just, happiness and light. Right in the middle of my own personal darkness. There were plenty days where looking forward to that festival was one of the only things that kept me going. Listening to the bands talk about why it was so important…… one of the most validating experiences ever.
For anyone who read this far, keep going. Life is full of ups and downs but stopping the ride forever just ends the whole journey. You never know where you might end up if you just keep moving.
Shoutout to @dancegavindance @underoathband @silverstein @augustburnsred @hawthorneheights @tdwpband you all fucking killed it.
Also…… bring back heartsupportfest :eyes::two_hearts::notes:

I was emotionally abused as a kid and now I’m left with the pieces. Self doubt, self hatred, and hopelessness are a regular occurrence for me. I’m uncomfortable when people are kind to me and don’t ever feel like I deserve to be loved.