I did it. I made it a day (Failed)

@Micro Thank you and I think you may have but I still haven’t used it so it’s at least a good reminder that this resource exist also I’m 17 so teenager is right for me at least

2 Likes

I just downloaded this app thanks! It’s not only good for self harm, it’s also good for people like me who can have a surge of emotions that cause me to make impulsive destructive choices. Helps us to pause and ride it out.

Thanks for posting this!

1 Like

Day five now. I’m not doing okay guys. I’m trying but I don’t know if I can keep going. I’ll keep trying but mentally today has been not been good.

1 Like

Keep going friend! We’re here rooting for you and so incredibly proud of you. I feel so encouraged by this post, you have no idea how much it brightened my day to read this thread. You’re doing an amazing job, thank you for inspiring me to persevere through my own battles.

1 Like

@Paladine :heart:

That’s so awesome and very inspiring. Whatever you’ve done in the past five days, keep doing it. It’s working, so don’t doubt yourself. You are a very strong person to get to day 5 ~hugs~

You are so strong…
I am really happy for you!

1 Like

I’m so proud of you! What have you done the last few days that has helped when you’ve had these urges?

1 Like

The main things is me just forcing myself not to do it which is really hard. I’ve also tried distraction which have helped.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for supporting me. I’m still trying and I’ll keep trying

1 Like

I’m not clean today because I attempted sorry guys

Don’t see it as failed, see it as learning :slight_smile: you’ll get there!

1 Like

Maybe but I wish I had made it a little longer.

1 Like

It’s okay, Paladin.

It was 5 days this time. It will be 6 another time. Then 7. Then 10. And so on. It’s like learning to extend an elastic more and more. 5 days is a victory. It’s 7200 minutes without hurting yourself. It’s a lot. And as for anything else, it has to begin somewhere.

Little steps, friend. :hrtlegolove:

Still very proud of you.

2 Likes

I hope your right because I have pattern of getting clean and then not being clean for twice as long.

1 Like

Did you already have the possibility to reflect/think about the circumstances that surround these urges of self-harm? And, eventually, things in your life that might keep you back at the moment? By yourself, or with your therapist I mean. It’s not the most exciting things to think about as it doesn’t bring sudden or immediate solutions, but it might be part of a process that would help you in the long run as well. We can understand how self-harm works in general and what are its main mechanisms, but it’s also part of healing to understand how it works for you, in your life, in the circumstances and environment that you live in, if that makes sense.

2 Likes

It makes sense and I haven’t yet. I should but I probably won’t because I always start trying to figure it out and then I stop for random reason. Actually I do know what cause some of them. Me feeling worthless and fighting going on around me but other than that I don’t know. I wish I could stop the feelings that cause it but I can’t which makes those feelings worse so it ends up being a never ending loop of pain and sorrow.

1 Like

Focus on those words. Why do you feel worthless? Did someone in your life at some point tell you that or make you feel that way by their actions?

1 Like

I don’t remember and I don’t know. I remember people saying things that made me feel more worthless but I don’t remember someone saying something that made me feel worthless it was always an additive. I feel worthless because of things in the past but again they don’t feel like the root problem.

1 Like

That’s a place to start I think. Talk therapy would be great to explore this further :heart:

1 Like

I wish I was in it but my parents are taking a long time to get me a therapist. So basically I just have to hold it together for an undermined time