I-taught-myself-to-face-my-past-trauma-when-it-fac - 1316

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/38697
I taught myself to face my past trauma when it faces me. I treat my panic PTSD attacks like a child that needs comfort. Personally this has been my greatest accomplishment since my past that was locked away and came to live as Panic PTSD .

3 Likes

This is such a strong strategy. Well done for providing to your self this loving, caring, nurturing outlook that you need. The entire concept of having an inner child can be so healing, especially when it comes to trauma. You have known adverse situations during which your sense of safety has been shaken and it makes completely sense that this experience has been locked away to protect yourself, but also that it manifests through panic and anxiety. This inner child of yours is in a state of high vulnerability, reliving this past over and over, but the present you knows that you are not unsafe anymore, and can let this vulnerable part of yourself know about it. This is a beautiful manifestation of love to give to this part of you that is deeply wounded and feels overwhelmed by fear. You are right by saying that it is an accomplishment, because it takes a lot of time, thinking and bravery, to get to that point of seeing yourself that way, and not as your own enemy. You use your empathy in a powerful way, and this is going to keep being a strong backbone to you throughout your life. You deserve that comfort. May it be as healing as you need over time. You got this. <3