I think one of my friends is in the hospital…

Guys I am worried about my friend. She is depressed. I tried texting her but she won’t reply.:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

I wish I was always there for her!!!:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Hi @Katelynn,

Thank you for reaching out and for being here. It can be so nerve-wracking when we don’t hear from our friends for a while and are worried about them, and I understand how easy it is to become nervous in these instances. I feel for you in this regard and hope you hear from your friend soon.

I also hope you and your friend are both doing okay now. Please don’t hesitate to reach out and update us if you’d like to share further; we’re here for you.

- Tuna

1 Like

Hey Katelynn, I’m here for you

Being in that situation is tough, especially not knowing how she’s doing and It’s great that you’re reaching out and showing concern for your friend. Have you tried calling her or her family? I hope she contacts you soon!

Cat187

2 Likes

Hey there Katelynn,

it’s tough when a friend isn’t responding to you, especially when they have different issues going on. When they just go silent, its hard to see if they’re okay, and its often times scary. Just know you’re doing your best to support them, and that you shouldn’t give up.

Much love, Shadow

2 Likes

I know guys, but I was never really there for her it seems like. She kept telling me that she wanted to die.

Of course we may have had a lot of fights…but she doesn’t need to hurt herself. She acts like nobody likes her. Shes had very bad days at school, and she eventually moved schools.

Hey Friend,

I pay attention to you, it’s notably tough while a person you care about is going through a difficult time like depression. It’s comprehensible that you’re worried, your friend, especially if they may be now not responding on your texts. It can leave you feeling quite helpless. But just recognise that you’re doing the best you can by using reaching out and looking to be there for them.

Sometimes, while people are handling melancholy, it could sense like they are shutting all of us out, even the people who care about them the most. It’s now not clean to recognize why they might be doing this, but attempt not to take it for my part. Depression can make the whole thing feel overwhelming, even simple such things as replying to a text.

Just understand which you’re now not by yourself in this, and I’m right here to speak if you want more support.

• Blaze/Bilaal
2 Likes

It’s just hard. I wish I was there for her more. I don’t really talk to her anymore.

But I knew something was wrong…

Hi there @Katelynn,

Thank you for the update and for sharing. I get how hard it can be when we’re worried about a friend, especially considering the knowledge that they have been considering harming their self. When we’re worried about friends, it’s natural to look back and blame ourselves for as much as we can. With that said, we ultimately are not responsible for the actions of our friends (old or new).

Once more, I hope your friend is doing okay – it’s always possible (especially if you aren’t in frequent contact) that she simply hasn’t gotten a chance to respond yet or similar. If you hear more and would like to update us, we’re here for you and hope you do so.

Wishing you and your friend all the best,
Tuna

PS: If adults in your life aren’t aware that your friend has been talking about wanting to die, I’d suggest letting them know (particularly someone like a school counselor) as they are often able to connect people to resources that can help them.

1 Like

She’s okay, she texted me back. I’m relieved. I thought something happened to her.:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

I just don’t want her to hurt anymore

Guys….I am getting very worried about my friends health, I don’t really know what to do:( it makes me sick to the stomach when they are hurting. I want them to be happy.

This is kind of overwhelming.

It kinda hurts :frowning:

Hi Katelynn,

I am sorry to hear you are being so overwhelmed. You mention that your friend is OK, she texted you back. And a bit later you seem very worried about her again.If she says she is OK but you still feel bad it is worth exploring where those feelings are coming from. Are you maybe placing a lot of responsibility on your own shoulders for your friend’s health? Or do you fear your friend is not as well as she tells you?
I hope you can keep us updated

I’m feeling really depressed today because my life is kind of hard right now. I’m tired of being bullied. I am crying a little. I don’t wanna be bullied. It hurts SO MUCH!!!

I feel so out of it right now.:sob: please help me​:sob:

Someone pls answer me when you can. I really need someone to talk to

Yes, I had answered to you earlier. But it seems you did not see that.
Also, if you really need crisis help we can offer you a list of resources that provide crisis support where you can chat or call:

Here it can sometimes take 24 hours before you get an answer.

1 Like