I'm back... In a rough spot again

Thank you so much for supporting me during my depression. I do. Right now, I’m in a rough situation in Highschool… So, I’m currently dealing with my significant other’s trauma from rape and the feeling of being ignored. I’ve already got two stories from each side. The other said it was a consensual rape. I’ve talked with a few people about how it’s going to be and apparently, they are both screwed either way. I’m worried mostly for my significant other due to how they’ve been lately ever since that incident. They even went through tests if they caught any STDs. All I can do right now is be there for them whenever I can. The other is telling everything to my parents but, no one takes me seriously. It started with a swollen spot on my left cheek. Assuming it was from the coat I wore from Savers. I was trying it on to see if it fit. It did and I still have it. However, I planned to put it through the Cleaners sooner than later. I was unaware if it housed any mites or something. When I came home with a swollen left cheek, I told my parents if I could get a check-up from a doctor or something. They said would but, never did. I’ve continuously told them the same thing worried I caught something. Neither of my parents took it seriously. So it dragged on for two weeks and I was able to treat my swollen cheek by eating something spicy. Then, a swollen area on my forearm that I was able to treat with ice. Next was on my thigh and ankle but, it has gotten worse a bit as it looked like scabies. I was getting concerned and told my father I need some cream or something to treat this. But he told me that my mother might have some. I was going to actually ask if she did but, every time I would show like this kind of stuff. She’d scowl instead of giving me what I need. Am I in the wrong here?


Sounds like you need to see a doctor or dermatologist. My parents wouldn’t take me to the doctor when I needed to go either. Do an image search on Google, and you’ll see some disgusting stuff, but you’ll also get a pretty good idea of what scabies looks like. There’s both a lotion and a shampoo available for treating scabies. Combs, hairbrushes, hats, clothes, bedding and maybe even furniture needs to be treated. You can put blankets and bedspreads in the dryer on high heat for twenty minutes or so, and the scabies will not survive. My kids brought scabies home several times, so I got pretty good at getting rid of them. I sprayed furniture with alcohol too.

Scabies usually don’t cause swelling, except for pimple-like bumps, so it may be something else going on.

There’s no such thing as a “consensual rape.” It’s not up to you to sort out “stories from each side.” Convince your significant other to see a counselor or therapist. If talking to your parents isn’t helpful, you might as well look for someone else, maybe even a counselor you can discuss it with.

I’m sorry the two of you are going through so much right now. I hope you find the help you need from someone who’s qualified to provide it.

Thanks. I thought it was scabies at first, Nah. It was just bug bites. It would make sense since the mattress I used to sleep on hasn’t been really clean and I had it for a while. For the other counseling, my significant other has been seeing a therapist to console. However, they prefer someone like me to be there for them. Like, comfort them physically. I’ve been thinking of doing that if that works as well.

1 Like

Physical comfort is a good way to help a person feel loved, but if she’s still feeling trauma, she should also continue with the therapist. I think there are support groups as well.

Alright, I’ll take it into consideration.

1 Like

From: ManekiNeko

your partner must be hurting so deeply right now. I’m so glad you have been able to be there and support them, I did notice that you said they are getting counselling which is awesome. Keep in mind that they are professionals, and as much as you can comfort them and be there for them, it’s very important that they have that external professional to help support them. As far as the skin thing, like wings said, it’s probably best for a dr to examine it if it keeps flaring up as it could be a marvellous variety of things. I know myself have had a wonderful world of allergies, eczema and psoriasis which all need different medications to clear. I hope you and your partner are both safe and doing okay.


From: Lisalovesfeathers

Hi Friend, thank you for your post, welcome back, I am sorry you are having to deal with so much right now, my first thought for you is that the person who you are helping that is trying to deal with being raped needs to go and get help from someone in authority, the person responsible cannot be allowed to get away with what they have done and it is not your responsiblitly to take care of it either, you can care for your friends but that is a bit too much. The other issuse of the lumps bumps and rashes, I would certainly try and see someone about them too if they persist, have you got a medical room at school? is it possible to go to a pharmacy and talk to the pharmacist? we do that here is the UK. I wish you luck with all of it, you sound like a fabulous friend. Much Love to you and your significant other. Lisa xx


Yes but, I have some itch cream given to me. It helps but, the rashes or something hasn’t really gone away much.


This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.