I've been thinking about genders

That’s good to hear, try the labels on for a few days! See how it feels and then switch around other labels that are close to see which label fits perfectly! :]

3 Likes

Thanks! I feel like I at least have a direction to head towards now and am on the right track.

4 Likes

That’s amazing!!! ^-^

1 Like

I think gender is sort of a fluid or dynamic thing and is probably affected by hormonal cycles which exist in both anatomically males and females. It’s probably better to ask “who am I in this present moment?” After all, different attributes of gender, both male, female and other manifest depending on circumstances and context.

Take care not to let a chosen label define you. Instead, define the label as it pertains to you. Alternatively, you could just choose to be free of labels. Too often, people are stereotyped by their label, and have to face others who have preconceived notions about them. So perhaps you can choose to label yourself, and you can keep it as your secret, and only share it with people who have earned your trust.

3 Likes

It was never my /intention/ to tell /anyone/.

I started this conversation here simply because I know many people here are more versed in gender theory than I am, and its never per se been about having a label for myself.

Instead I just want to understand myself better and make sense of things. In fact, I hadn’t intended to tell anyone in my personal life because it won’t change who I am. It will just help me understand.

4 Likes

I’ve added Transmasculine Neutrois with no pronoun preferences to my profile to try it out. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to put Neutrois, Graygender or Cassgender, but I am liking Neutrois.

4 Likes

Nice!! Hope it fits!

4 Likes

I totally understand how you feel and I also feel like you do.

I gotta say I have been feeling better since I took the time to think about this. With new androgynous wardrobe and understanding that this is who I really am, I feel freer to just be me and not worry about being a girl, if that makes sense. I’m so glad that everyone here was willing to share their thoughts with me and help me on this journey of discovery.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.