I've never heard Chop Suey

this reminds me of the story of the crusifixtion of Jesus, he says something to the effect of “Father why have you forsaken me?”

I never really understood the lyrics until just now. This song just got a million times better :open_mouth::metal:

@heartsupport Part of the soundtrack to my teens :heart: Please react to Silent theory - Living the dream (acoustic version) Absolutely loving the videos :heart::heart:

‘Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?’ = ‘My God, My God why have you forsaken me?!’ in Luke 26 - at least part of the ‘self-righteous suicide’ is crucifixion. Even Jesus realised that his mission, the missing give to him by his father, was empty, meaningless and smothered by the surrounding darkness.

The alienation of youth and the loss of innocence. That’s how I kinda interpreted the song. I think I was 13 when I first heard this song.

Tu as déjà entendu parler de l’armenie ?

Thank you…

think the therapist need a therapist

I feel you’ve MASSIVELY overlooked an aspect of this song. Serj’s lyric contains at least two of the “Seven Last Words” of Jesus on the cross: “Why have you forsaken me?” and “Into your hands I commend my spirit”. Avoiding the overt Christological aspects of the words misses a huge part of the message.

Rick Rubin did and interview on how the lyrics of this tune came about. Please look it up because it is not as you interpret it. It was a paragraph in a book on the shelf. But yet it is a legend of a song and a great one as that.

wauy out of your wheel house

yes rock dewller do you have a theapist ??

The father part was God​:innocent::innocent:

I’ve been forsaken by fathers two of them and I found out that my only father is God