Not Being Treated Right ( I am done )

I am Honestly Done . Some may say i am in the wrong then some may have sympathy for this … I made another post but now its getting to the point of i dont want to see them any more . ( other post : Nasty Mental Health Battle (trigger warning) - #8 by all_around_ashley ). My own mental health has been triggered by this …

To start things lets back track to sometime in july / early august all my dad told me we have a dinner to be at soon but barely told me what for , i sent a text out to my dad later that day that i dont need anyone and that me and my mom have stuff to do , blah blah blah. Fast forward he hires this person without giving me the ok barely any communication , i barely trust him…

Fast Forward to thursday , wasnt doing the best didnt feel comfortable coming to my dads . But i forced my self to do so … I kept hinting i didnt want to go over but i was told to ( remind you im 21 almost 22, and parents have guardian ship over me)… i knew with my situation im in i knew it wasnt going to be a good week due to the screaming match from 12 to 3 am …
wIhich now leads to friday … know some of you may be fathers and reading this but i would rather hae the relationship be worked on with just me and him rather then me him and the lady, cause if its going to be that way im going to ask to stop seeing my dad… Cause I am done … I try to tell my dad no , or leave me alone or even i am not hungry , he doesnt listen… it took 10 minutes for him to listen to me …
I honestly . i dont know …
I know my feelings and emotions are valid but the way i am being treated is not ok its controlling and toxic.

I Honestly dont know what to do … I tried giving hints that i want this person to stop helping ( will not be leaving names due to privacy reasons ) but i get told shes trying to help or i like her. I have name droped in like over what feels like 2O texts that I dont want her anymore . But no one listens . This has been my only safe place cause i feel like i wont be treated like a piece of shit … Oh also my own father installed a thing on my phone that controls my texts and calls and stuff , if i were to go over it i would be done for the month … Which honestly i am not ok with. yeah i know its his phone and his money he can do whatever he wants but thats not going to fix our relationship… I just , i dont know … I just want this shit done and dealt with.and if its not i dont want to see my father anymore…

4 Likes

Hi
I just want to tell you that it is not his phone. If he has given it to you than it is yours. He does not have the right to do that. If i were in your situation i would tell your dad that i dont want to come and then do that. You are an adult and you should be treated as such. With respect and dignity.

1 Like

Can you share why if you are comfortable? This might help us understand more and support you better.

If not, it’s totally ok.

3 Likes

i am on the spectum and disabled… and so awhile back they got guardian ship over me …

1 Like

He was more easier on me today … never went to my own mother about the texts he sent .Bassically when this situation happened it was the first time i stood up for myself had it had no consquences…

2 Likes

Which one? I’m on two myself.

1 Like

@all_around_ashley

Following your other post, I’m sorry that you are in the midst of what seems to be a pretty chaotic and draining situation. I hear you. It is really frustrating to use your voice yet not being heard, or even dismissed. I want to believe that your dad has the best interest in mind for you, and somehow I imagine that you know it as well. But there are certainly ways to communicate that might need to be improved there. On his end, it seems that he’s not really willing to listen, as if he had already envisioned what would be good for you (according to his perspective), which automatically dismisses anything that would go against it, including you expressing your own needs and feelings of discomfort.

Is there a way that happened to be more effective in the past in terms of communication with both your dad and your mom? Is there anyone that could be involved in the situation to support you and try to mediate the conversations? It sounds like having some external help would be needed in order to find more effective ways to communicate together and respect each other’s needs and perspectives.

Again, I’m sorry that this situation is overwhelming you. I hope you know and keep in mind that your voice matters, no matter what. That regardless of your age or any condition that you may have, you deserve your needs to be met in a healthy and respectful way.

Hold fast. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

im on the spectrum an , i have a earning disorder , and i have hypertonic cerebal palsey

1 Like

Everything was fine in the past , before anyone else got involved in my dads life . My mother has been my voice due to things and stuff ( mostly bc of m grand mother ) … Yeah theres been some trauma … But before this new person came in … Now with this situation its caused me to be more pissy cause of people trying to correct people on how they raise me … grrrrrr.

To add on to this theres texts that deal with this situation … but didnt show them due to privacy reasons … I’ve tried my best but still …

2 Likes

Okay, thank you for sharing. You’re dealing what a lot, hugs :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Just as a heads up , me being disabled and stuff has had nothing to do with my situation . its just , this whole situation with the stranger involved is my issue . ( i dont mean to sound like a butt hole but if it did im sorry )

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.