Richard's Tale - Levi The Poet x HeartSupport

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ivPkHHTxxs

After being so inspired by the Trilogy of Jenny and Screech by Ren, the team at HeartSupport wanted to do something special and create an addition to the incredible story. We had the idea to expand on the 20-second clip of “Call For Back Up” So we invited the talented Levi The Poet to write a spoken word poem expanding on Richard’s Tale. We know it might not have included all the correct lore, or be exactly what Ren intended, but we hope you enjoy our take. Thanks for all of your support. And if you’re struggling please use the comments as a place to Call For Back Up by tagging @heartsupport.

Follow Levi on IG: https://www.instagram.com/levithepoet/

Subscribe to Levi’s substack: https://levithepoet.substack.com/

Follow Levi on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@LevithePoet

1 Like

Brilliant :clap:

1 Like

Only a minute in, and I’m hooked. This is great!

1 Like

hello dear! i can’t express myself yet, 72 yo mind experiencing flashbacks. please don’t be disheartened if your comments are low in number, it takes a while to digest this. i hope our man ren gets a listen!!! kathleen :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Holy shit…

1 Like

What a piece of art…from pain. I hope Ren sees this. This is epic.

1 Like

Wonderful!..

1 Like

This is incredible work. Bravo

1 Like

Wow, loved that. I don’t know if I’ve seen an artist that has inspired so much creativity in others as Ren has. I can’t imagine how many people will one day be affected by art that was either made by Ren, made by people inspired by Ren, or made by others inspired by THOSE people. Although he doesn’t realize it, the ripple effect from Ren will indeed make the difference in enough people’s lives that I think you can say that he changed the world.

1 Like

Incredible! Would love to see Ren’s reaction :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@renmakesmusic

1 Like

This is powerful!..

1 Like

Holy Sh!t. I’m left speechless by this. Not only does it quote one of the interludes in “The Tales” on Spotify but it ties into the entire trilogy. Incredibly written and powerfully delivered. I really hope Ren sees this. I reckon he’d absolutely love everything about it. As do I. #renmakesmusic #renegade :fist:t3::pig::heart_on_fire:

1 Like

“The nothing touches everything” powerful stuff man

Truly art. This is wonderful and intense abd heart rending .
Bravo!:tada:

@renmakesmusic

On the Ren fb fan page, they asked that we give our account of what we thought happened to Richard. This was my take on it.

Richard’s Tale

Richard was an officer who stood at 6 foot three
He worked 19 years on the police force
Eating donuts, sipping tea
Working on the late shift at night
He often stopped for food to eat
He was tired from having to work
Every night that week
He was a month away from retirement
But couldn’t make ends meet
He’d gambled away his money
Stuck on a losing streak
He went home to an empty house
Where he drank in self defeat
His wife had left him years ago
Through his lying and deceit
One night towards the very end
Of his shift along his beat
He witnessed some commotion
Down the alley off the street
He walked over to investigate
He was quite and discrete
It was there he found poor Jenny
On the ground beside his feet
She’d been slashed to death by a blade
Like a butchered piece of meat
Richard reported in the incident
Told them to bring the whole damn fleet
There was a killer that was on the loose
Amidst the snow and sleet
There was a pounding inside Richard’s chest
Besides his own heartbeat
And as he waited for the cavalry
The sweat poured down his cheek
He was overcome with valid fear
Shocked in disbelief
It was at that time a voice rang out
By someone claiming to be Screech!
Then before you know it
He was almost at arms reach
Richard fired four bullets for his safety
The target hit with each
Now there lie a boy of fourteen years
Richard was overcome with grief
It’s such a shame, there’s so much pain
Without comfort or relief
And to this day, the pain remains
And his hands shake like a leaf
And the only time he feels at peace
Is when he falls asleep

I am a 66 yr old widow…mother…grandmother. this stopped me in my tracks. I watched the TALES about a year ago. This is as different as they are. But the weight of the truth that pours out of it and now this, could save so many lost people in our world. Thank you :heart:

Well done! You’ve got some acting chops! Great monologue, excellent writing and superior performance! I loved it and I think Ren would love it too, I hope he sees this.

Wasn’t Screetches name James?