Slipknot is SPOOKY SPOOKY! - Therapist Reacts to Duality

@heartsupport “Wishing” yes you made a very good point. I know I should have the ability to get out of this rut through internal strength but even meds don’t help. “Fingers in eyes” I know this feeling. It’s extreme frustration and stress from the world. It’s a kind of ache that sits behind the eyes.
“I’m not gonna make it” The pain, frustration and stress seems so overwhelming that a human shouldn’t be able to withstand it.
“My future seems like one big past” No hope for any positive change in the future.
People with ptsd and severe depression can relate to this song. It’s feels like a good pressure valve release but I question whether it’s helpful or harmful.
Either way, great song from a great band :metal:

1 Like

Story about the house in this video is awesome

1 Like

It’s interesting seeing a reaction to their music and not hearing one word towards their incredible musicianship, Joey (their late drummer) in particular. It’s refreshing, coming from a musician who’s watched breakdowns of this song about a million times.

1 Like

She said “Y’all”!!! Love it. I wish Metal was more popular in the South. Of course, I love country, too. LoL.

1 Like

@heartsupport I love hard metal, but I am struggling with some metal songs, like when they summon different names, that sound like fallen angels. How do you feel about that?

1 Like

all those people, fans of Slipknot who where openly invited to be in the video, the house was owned by a fan, it was due for renovations and they where given permission to use it for the video, the maggots (thats what Slipknot fans is called) where specifically told to act rowdy but not to damage or destroy anything… well, this was wholy ignored, they busted through every window, some walls, all the doors was kicked in, the driveway got torn up, yes, they even managed to damage the freaking driveway, the lawn was destroyed, yeap, not even the grass was safe, baskethoop, a newly freshly painted kitchen, chandelier, the cieling in the hallway, they had to stop them and tell the fans and band that they had to calm down and stop jumping as the floor would collapse leading to the whole freaking house collapsing ontop of them, they ended up paying the family 50k for the damages.

1 Like

Pleeeeeease react to Korn “Throw me away”. I could write every lyric from that song as something you should hear. :heart:

1 Like

could you react to some older linkin park?

1 Like

Can you do circle, and Vermillion by slipknot?

1 Like

I feel like you got this one backwards, he’s clearly solved his problem by murdering her, and now is trying not to let whatever drove him to it build up, he’s solved his problem by getting rid of it and convinced himself it was never a problem at all, now he struggles because he has found how to deal with the other issues, like system of a down said in sugar “do something I’ve killed everyone, going away forever, but I’m feeling better” no happy ending in this song

1 Like

As someone who pushes their fingers in their eyes. Ill say don’t do it if you wear contacts unless you have spares

1 Like

the keg bounce “tink”…

1 Like

I’m pretty sure a lot of what the ‘I push my fingers into my eyes” part is talking practically about dealing with headaches because it does help and especially during a hangover, which Corey not only dealt with a lot in his life, but in the first three months they were together in the house they recorded this record in, most of the band was completely loaded on drugs and alcohol, and most of them, specifically Corey, turned themselves around and got sober during recording. He said at a live show that he got to a point where he was drinking three bottles of whiskey a day. That line definitely makes me think of that. He was a mess behind the scenes during their first and second records. And a lot of the second record he said he recorded drunk.

1 Like

Corey is the man!!! Anything the dude does. Slipknot… Stone Sour… CMFT. His Veteran foundation. He’s the dude. His backstory to his success is unreal. Rock on Corey!! He is an inspiration and more people need to know who Corey is; where he came from and who he is today.

1 Like

@heartsupport you’re relaxed, you’re sublime, you’re amazing; and you don’t even know the danger you’re “phasing” :cry:

1 Like

@heartsupport i love these videos. I have been struggling with depression. Some of my comments were pleading; sorry.

1 Like

Another band to look into is hatebreed. Would love to hear your take on a few of their songs.

1 Like

@heartsupport

“I’ve gotta say what I’ve gotta say, and then I swear I’ll go away, but I can’t promise you’ll enjoy the noise…”

For those of us that keep it bottled up tight ALL THE TIME to our own detriment. And then, when you can’t swallow any more, you regurgitate in a less than violent manner, because you’re a 6’3" 275 pound guy who is constantly described as “physically intimidating”… words are my only recourse, because I don’t want or care to use physical violence. I’m just too aware of what might happen if that genie gets out of the bottle.

I don’t physically abuse myself, but my internal mouth is always running. I’m forever mentally flagellating myself over life in general. I’m not suicidal. I’ve seen what that does to others, and have had to clean the mess up afterwards. No fun on either count. Besides, I’d rather stick around and remain a pain in the ass occasionally.

What I would like to do is talk with someone who is trained to help me weed through some of this thing we call life.

1 Like

I swear I love your videos. They really help me love life.

1 Like

It’s funny seeing this one , now that you’re a Slipknot fan now <3

1 Like