Slipknot is SPOOKY SPOOKY! - Therapist Reacts to Duality

“You cannot kill what you did not create”

I’ve been listening to this track for 20 years and you made me think of this line in a whole different way. I’ve never thought of it as a resignation to what you’ve been given. Subscribed.

1 Like

I’ve always loved this song. And you refrencing self harm explains subcoutiousely why it’s always been a favorite

1 Like

I always felt like the tone in the line “you cannot kill what you did not create” felt super mocking like it was an internal voice trying to keep you in the the negative space in life

1 Like

The masks are a visual representation of each indivual member’s internalized beings, something they cannot wear every day because of societies prejudices. Each member standing out as their own instead of just being “Slipknot,” The whole IOWA album is really beautiful in the retrospect of genuinity in creatively releasing their inner hatred. Hte into 515, sid can be heard screaming all his pain away after being held back from being with his grandfather for his final moments due to being on tour

1 Like

“only the strong survive.” always stuck with me breaking benjamin lyric

1 Like

I wanna see her react to Mushroomhead now :smiley:

1 Like

“it’s the only thing that’s only stops the ache
but it’s made of all the things I have to take”

ah that takes me back to the good old days of angsty teen me self harming to this song while trying to cope with my shitty abusive life! I swear if it wasn’t for Slipknot I would offed myself they really pulled me through the dark days!

1 Like

thank you…

1 Like

you should do blood of the zodiac by machine head, i would love to know whats going on there.

1 Like

I’m waiting for the head exploding reaction to all out life

1 Like

Try fear factory. Terminator and skynet put the thought in my brain. But now AI is real how can I escape from the digital world when everyone is addicted to their phones and technology

1 Like

I’ve already seen some of your videos. It’s like you’re helping me listen to these songs for the first time again❤

1 Like

You gotta check out this band. Song is about suicide prevention, they basically sing about positive things is their songs but check this out. I’m sure you’d dig em

1 Like

Eyeless! Can wait to hear it!:green_heart::crossed_swords::green_heart:

1 Like

From the beginning, the masks were to represent the evolution of Slipkot as a whole! If you start with their first album and on you will see the changes with their music as well as image👍

1 Like

You ROCK!:hibiscus::rose::cherry_blossom::green_heart::crossed_swords::green_heart:

1 Like

Please react to “Coma Black” by Marilyn Manson. The song is about his Discotiative personality disorder.

BTW, this is your channel, and you can dance if you want to!!

1 Like

@heartsupport I feel like I’ve always had this very deep connection with Slipknot. There has just always been something about the lyrics and the conviction in the vocals. It seems to show that deep down those feelings are real and even if a person can’t show them themselves, there are others out there that feel the same way. I’ve never been a person that’s been able to really express how I feel with words, but at the same time, my attitude and expressions can be read like an open book. There’s no pretending about how I feel. This song in particular has so many lyrics that strike a chord with me. My very first tattoo was the lyrics from this song “if the pain goes on, I’m not gonna make it.” In the worst part of my depression, there were times that I really felt that if something didn’t change, I wouldn’t be able to continue trying and living. Not that there were ever any serious considerations of ending it all, but the thought starting creeping in my mind every so often. The other part that really meant alot in this song is when Corey says “I push my fingers into my eyes. It’s the only thing that slowly stops the ache.” I agree with what you said about self harm. The thing I’ve always taken from that lyric personally is that it could mean distraction from the bigger picture. Having or creating small pains takes your mind off the big pain. It’s an escape. Yes it hurts, but not as much as the bigger picture. Which I guess in a way is what self harm does. Small distractions can help you heal yourself because 1. it shows that you can deal with small pains which can jumpstart confidence and 2. it shows that there are “better” things out there than that one big hurt you’re feeling. Corey’s conviction in how he sings also kind of allows me to get the rage out that I can’t and don’t want to let go of because I don’t know how that would manifest itself. Not that I’m a violent person, but words cut much deeper than knives ever could. That would be my weapon. Those words can’t be taken back and can do irreparable damage to the people that mean the most. I guess I’m expressing rage vicariously through Corey. He will always be high on my list of people that I admire and will continue to be.

1 Like

@HEARTSUPPORT I like what you said about “You cannot kill what you did not create.” Another way I like looking at it is from the alternate perspective of “You can only kill what you’ve created” 10:55

1 Like

@heartsupport y’all should also check out AOV

1 Like