The biggest reason is probably because i ve never

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: HeartSupport_Fans Content #2705
From j.t_89: The biggest reason is probably because I’ve never had any support my entire life. Food and a roof, but not much else. That’s kinda where music became the biggest part of my life mixed with video games. Bullying became physical in high school so I dropped out and pretty much isolated myself from the outside world and slipped into my safe space of music, gaming and smoking. I’ve never really made any friends after everyone from high school went their separate ways. Everyone who’s came into my life wanted money or help with something I could do well like fix their car. So I never really had that group of friends to just hang out with and enjoy social activities with. All of my hobbies I do alone and I find myself getting burned out quickly. My one desire to have a band with great people and a good network with musicians has been such a letdown I have little inspiration to pick up any of my instruments just to practice. I had very high hopes a few months ago that things were finally turning around just to get ghosted for no reason. So you get left with that feeling of “what did I do?” “Did I say something?” “Was I not good enough?” So I kinda get in this “why do I even bother?” mindset. Why should I bother learning music I’ll never even play? Why should I bother putting my efforts out to make friends, be sociable, get out and experience life when everyone I have met so far has let me down? It’s so much easier to self isolate and try to medicate my state of mind where I feel fine in isolation. I’m hoping this years ohio is for lovers will help me get inspired and give me some hope to not give up on what I really want in life.

1 Like

Hi J.T.

First of all, I’m pleased that our content resonates so much with you. Having a support network is extremely beneficial for your mental health. We can all live and get by on basic survival support, but nothing will ever compare to a good long chat with a close friend. Having that physical connection, as well as knowing they are there for you is a feeling Bryo d words. We all need friends who aren’t just all about taking, but giving too

Like you, music is one of my biggest coping mechanisms. If I didn’t have it I would for sure be lost and my mental health would take a sharp decline. As a pianist and singer, I love nothing more than to get lost in a piece of music, because music has the power to say things that our minds cannot.

Gaming too can be a good coping mechanism but if you aren’t careful it can become an addiction. It’s important to make sure you play at healthy levels and not too much. Practice music as often as you can. If you can’t build motivation, maybe bring some friends round to practice with you

If friends are making you question whether you are good enough, they aren’t friends. I will say that.

I hope this is somewhat helpful