Therapist Analyzes Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

Always loved the line, “I feel stupid and contageous.”

1 Like

Taylor and Kurt were shopping at the same store it looks like.
Nothing like a good side by side comparison to show you that the 90s are well and truly back en vogue ^^

Love the jacket Taylor ^^ I’d certainly wear that, too!

1 Like

How the apathy was contextualized in this time in the reality of deeply Christian nationalist 80s and it’s complete disconnect with the “happy” glam and retrowave aesthetic that had been co-opted to reinforce misogyny, racism, homophobia and offer only the reprieve of excess consumption as panacea is the thing I feel is missing from this otherwise excellent analysis. The inverted pep rally was an artistic reflection of how the band and many contemporaries felt about the culture of the day (this was wildly subversive art at the time.) Within just that year the same social forces would co-opt this aesthetic to be the new “cool” & apathetic “vibe”. So we went from be happy, shroud hate in bright colors, don’t care, to be angry, don’t care, wear your ugliness on your sleeve. The net effect missing the entire point of this new absurdist influenced movement. They were so ahead of everyone on this the NEXT song on this album literally predicted this behavior about the audience missing the message entirely.

1 Like

If you want to analyze songs as a therapist, there are several you should listen to. “Daddy” by Korn. “Fear” by blue october. “Hi Ren” by Ren. So many more

1 Like

I love how the janitor is so important in the video

1 Like

I wish I heard this explanation about apathy back in 95 when I was in high school😢, but I understand now, moving forward, thank you😊

1 Like

You have to watch From can to can’t by Corey Taylor I promise you will enjoy it please watch!!!

1 Like

@HeartSupport - Talk About Your Mental Health time for the harder stuff, do you want to try it?

GUTALAX - DIARRHERO (Special lyrics)
Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face (Oldschool)

DYING FETUS - Unbridled Fury
ABORTED - Infinite Terror

SHINING - Allt För Döden

Torsof.ck- Raped by Elephants

GORGOROTH - Black Mass Krakow (live Full show)
Endstille - Depressive/Abstract/Banished/Despised

if someone still knows bands please write →

1 Like

@heartsupport As I appreciate your reactions so much, I would also like to make a suggestion. The band is Heaven’s Guardian from Brazil. The style is Symphonic Metal.

The song is Artificial Times:

The song is part of the first studio album “Chronos” recorded by a metal band and a professional orchestra/choir. Hope you like them. Thx!

1 Like

@heartsupport Hi girl! As I appreciate your reactions so much, I would also like to make a suggestion. The band is Heaven’s Guardian from Brazil. The style is Symphonic Metal.

The song is Artificial Times:

The song is part of the first studio album “Chronos” recorded by a metal band and a professional orchestra/choir. Hope you like them. Thx!

1 Like

The song that literally changed lives, including mine, would do anything to hear this for the first time again!

New subscriber I like how you break down your reaction :fire: