Therapist and Vocalist react to One By Metallica

kirk with my favorite solo of all time.

I have spent every day of the last 5+ years wishing I was dead. Tried to make it happen once. The feeling never goes away. This is one of my first experiences with the desire to die. Of course back I. The late 80’s I was t I. This same head space, but I have always felt this song. I can’t understand why it isn’t on for me to decide when I die. @heartsupport.

As a huge Metallica fan, I’ll say this isn’t close to the heaviest thing of it’s time. Slayer existed.
Honestly, this wasn’t even the heaviest thing on this album. Harvester of Sorrow, Dyers Eve, Shortest Straw, AJFA, Blackened… all heavier, I think. But this was the most unique and there weren’t really any other bands doing something like this with a video. This was the first video they did, and thrash bands didn’t really do videos, so they were trying to do something different.

Boy robbed all of us from One of Metallica’s most iconic verses. This was Metallica’s first music video and so far hasn’t been topped by them. The crossover to ptsd and addiction interpretation to being trapped and therefore hopeless is spot on. Peace/JT

For mainstream metal this was pretty heavy, but there were much heavier bands out there at the time. Still one of the best metal videos ever made though.

I hope no one talks over the music/lyrics after the 4:30 mark when you do Fade to Black…
Peace/JT

Music videos made or broke bands back then. Mtv was king and shows like headbangers ball made metalheads out of a generation.

Metallica bought the rights to this movie.

They tuned their guitars down really low and turned the bass almost off on this album after the loss of Clifff Burton…very unique album for metallica

Nothing now is this heavy, que Five Finger Death Punch, Gone a Way, or Wrong side of Heaven, OR better yet, SABATON, covering Motor heads 1916,

Crazy thing is I remember it coming out back in the day when I was 10, but music reactions are the first place I saw the video with Jonny Got His Gun clips overlaid on it. Both versions are truly striking in different ways but I’m glad I know it without the clips for it’s original metaphoric intent rather than literal videographic interpretation.

The nurse tried to fulfill his wish, but she was stopped by the man that came in.

This was metallicas first music video as they were opposed to them for seeming mainstream or sell outish. James wanted to do something more meaningful and definitely succeeded.

Best Anti War Song ever written

I have anxiety and can’t really be around people, but the only thing that helps is other people #heartsupport

I am genX and when I speak to my younger social justice minded friends about the male side of oppression I always tell them to watch this video. Often they don’t like or appreciate heavy metal until they do. :metal:

I couldn’t imagine being trapped in my head with only my thoughts…

I don’t think they did it on purpose but this also speaks to the PTSD vets have when they return.

I went to school every morning riding my bike listening to Metallica. I have a bond with my father through Metallica. My dad always said One was his favorite song. Dad passed away two months ago after we learned he had been hiding a fight with cancer for over a year because he didn’t want to be treated differently. I have always loved Metallica and this song, but now the connection means everything to me. The memories of my father that live in Metallica’s music.

Dad I love you and I miss you so much. You protected me for 36 years and I love you for it. Rest easy now my superman.

I’m not even going to waste the 26 minutes to watch the sham of a “reaction/breakdown” of this from a shrink… to tell me it’s a song about sewer sliding and not having the means to ride the wave!