Therapist Becomes Unsainted by Slipknot

This topic is from YOUTUBE where users are encouraged to comment about their mental health struggles.

• If someone tags @heartsupport in a comment it becomes a topic here on the forum.
  • If they don’t it’ll be a comment on this topic.
  • Moderators can flag:ignore non @heartsupport comments to create a new topic if needed.

Therapist uses Unsainted by Slipknot to discuss how often we want to tell the people around us how to heal and we try to force them to heal in the same way that we found healing. As well-intentioned as this may be it can often lead people to feel even more alone and isolated and prevent them from recognizing their own path to healing. Healing is not one size fits all. It is better to ask someone how you can support their healing journey instead of telling them what the right way to heal is.

1 Like

I always love hearing your analysis.

1 Like

Once again asking for Fade to Black by Metallica reaction lyric video

1 Like

One of my favorite songs of theirs :slight_smile: :metal::sunglasses::metal:

1 Like

I love Slipknot they rock :japanese_ogre::smiling_imp::metal:

1 Like

I loove this song, but I don’t think it’s about religion, more about about suicidal ideations

1 Like

This song has a special place for me. I left a high-demand religion after growing up and spending most of my adult life in it. It has been a long journey and this song echoes a lot of the feelings I had as I was working through deprogramming the indoctrination and unhealthy beliefs it instilled in me.

1 Like

now only if everyone could understand the shit like you do. never though i would be watching some crazy white chick therapist that breaks down this shit like we do. and you understand on that level to

1 Like

I have a very close female friend of mine who is an alcoholic and I’ve tried and pleaded with her to get help, but over time through my own journey I’m non religious I wouldn’t want to be pushed into something I wasn’t ready for or didn’t want to do. Therefore, I’ve backed off and just hoped for the best for her and hope she realizes when she’s ready that she needs help.

1 Like

I am extremely anti-religious for myself, and for good personal reasons too (everyone else can do what they want so long as they do not push it onto or harm others in it’s name) and I can not tell you how many times people have told me to turn towards a religion I have zero faith in. I have more in common with Satanism than I do Christianity because at least in Satanism there is the concept of personal power coupled with personal responsibility. Not wishes being fulfilled through prayer followed by the option to absolve yourself should you wrong your fellow man or anger some deity. No thanks. I would rather hold myself accountable for my actions and consider the consequences before I act, find peace with my past through meditation and shadow work, look towards the glorious possibilities of the future while living only for today, and actually be present in the moment, knowing I have zero control over the actual outcome.

1 Like

I know Slipknot is very metaphorical in their lyrics, and as a Christian I totally love this song. This song for me says about identity, I don’t wanna destroy my identity just to make you happy, the lyrics about religion is a nice touch, since it is something the world praises a lot, and it is also something Slipknot often uses as an repertoire. I can’t find it to be actually anti-religious, but just a critique to people in general, after all, Slipknot itself is a critique to the world.

1 Like

I love your insight and how hype you get at the music. I love this band. Their music and lyrics helped me so much in 6th grade and beyond. They helped by letting vent out so many emotions while living in a household that would shame emotions. They did all the screaming for me. Essentially, it is how I look at it today.

1 Like

Would love to see your reaction to the song “Thoughtless” by KoRn!
Great song and great music video!

1 Like

I was half expecting her to turn into the song

1 Like

Please react to Eyeless by Slipknot

1 Like

Hey i just want to that I love Metal and love the message it conveys to me and I’m sure to everyone that loves it as much as me. But you should definitely check this artist called Ren, he is more to acoustic rap, his song writing and his composition is really out of this world,
he sings alot about mental health since he himself has Lyme disease. First song I’d recommend is Hi Ren. He is one of a kind to be honest.

1 Like

This song is actually about fight with a depression

1 Like

I was forced to go to an extremely fundamental baptist church as a kid and this song hits like a truck

1 Like

Taylor, when did you become a YouTuber and how am I just learning about it? Love it, love you :heart:

1 Like

As a recovering addict, I’ve experienced this. Being told I need NA, I have to go to rehab to get better, without religion I’ll never heal. Most times these suggestions were coming from a place of love, but other times it was more about them and what worked for them must work for everyone. I had to do it my way and I’m now 19 months clean. This video really speaks to me. Music was a large part of healing, especially Slipknot. The album Iowa specifically. :metal:

1 Like