Therapist has Obsession by Thornhill

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ4QkfCFchg

Therapist uses Thornhill’s latest single “Obsession” to discuss the way that we often use relationships to try to heal deep wounds within ourselves. We become obsessed with the other person because we believe they can help us heal and validate something within us. But the truth is that we have to become obsessed with our own healing because we can’t heal something internal with something external.

1 Like

The girl in the tube or cage with dark water is a reference of the Dark Pool era, so we’re gonna listen to heavy stuff from them from now on

1 Like

a little deftony, love it

1 Like

interesting guitar tone…

1 Like

I can’t wait for this album!!!

1 Like

Please react to broken by if I were you ft Devin Oliver :heart:

1 Like

Love this song. I’m seeing them live this weekend. Actually can’t wait.

1 Like

Thornhill is a great band, you should check out “Where We Go When We Die” from their debut album The Dark Pool

1 Like

I have searched your videos and haven’t seen that you’ve reacted to Daddy by Korn. Get the tissues and good luck

1 Like

Ugh so much 2 say.
But nothing 2 say.
This 4 relationships.
Single n staying solo thnx 2 ex obsession.

Been there. Lived a nightmare.

Nice random drop on thornhill out of left field :sweat_smile:
We got heaps of awesome bands here with mega potential…but our government kill Aussie music machine exists still.

1 Like

Extremely poignant! Loved your comments, found i could resonate deeply. Love Jake and HeartSupport, dunno how i hadnt subbed years ago! Subbed!

1 Like

I see a psychologist 2 x week and my PCP 1 x month. How can I have you my mental health professional? I am not joking, I am serious.

1 Like

Hey, just subscribed . Love your unique perspective on artist’s songs, PLEASE look at HI REN by Ren , although not a metal song ( in fact doesn’t really fit in any category)

1 Like

How to save a life - The Fray is kinda perfect for your channel.

1 Like

Wish I had this video about a year ago lol

1 Like

Love Thornhill…

1 Like

Please listen to Metabolic by slipknot!!! there are very interesting theme that brought up

1 Like

She’s in/ is(?) The Dark Pool, and Jacob smashes the pool, signifying a severing of ties to the album? (fans being obsessed with TDP)

1 Like

Love this song and love the community support. Your analysis of the imagery was excellent! The end really is harrowing!

1 Like

I saw Thornhill live last week. They are the sweetest! Love this new song.

1 Like