Therapist Reacts Don't Let Me Go by MGK (Taylor's Friday's)

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fND-LfrOH_M

Therapist uses the song Don’t Let Me Go by MGK to discuss how people should be called into empathy before judgment, and how judgment especially outward judgment usually reflects a lack of understanding and something that has been triggered in us that we then should be invited to work through. The song as a whole shows immense vulnerability that we may not see when we just look at a person on social media. It’s a call to curiosity about an individual’s experience.

:heart::heart::heart: Tunes with TAY…

Can you do Trash by kOrn next? It’s very dark and disturbing

I love this song and Mgk :heart:

I´m really glad you reacted to this song because i really like MGKs music and also relate to his lyrics and especially this song a lot.
Love what you do and hoping to see more reactions to MGK and other artist. <3

Please react to Space Dye Vest by the band Dream Theater.

1 Like

not a fan of this guy at all he trys to fit in but FAILS all the time

1 Like

There’s a series of songs by a small artist named Skippy Labeled Suicide Letter parts 1-3 and they’re very good at explaining mental anguish, also Ghost by Badflower

1 Like

This song broke my in half I feel it so much

1 Like

I am one of those that constantly gives MGK hell, but this being my first time hearing this particular song I feel him finally. I know those feelings it’s only when he gets to the same kinda relationSHIT that I hear nonstop from most popstars that I think less of him, or when he attacks an artist that is so much better than him

1 Like

you might as well ract to EXTERMINATION DISMEMBERMENT - OMNIVORE!!

1 Like

The theme of your commentary made me think of a song you should definitely react to if you haven’t heard it – “Joker” by Dax. It’s all about his personal struggle with going through mental health issues as a celebrity and dealing with hateful comments.

1 Like

I think that you should do a reaction video for rip the heart from your hate by trivium, I really think you would like it.

1 Like

yay taylor time…

1 Like

@heartsupport
Having been through my share of shit in my life starting with my parents getting divorced when I was young and then physical abuse, sexual abuse and my struggles with mental health in my adult life I find that listening to music and also writing songs helps me as an outlet to express my emotions and what I’m feeling, just felt like I had to get that out there. I think you do a great job with your reaction videos.

1 Like

I never felt he deserves the hate he gets, at all

1 Like

TaysPlayFriday!!..

1 Like

Judging someone says more about who you are than anything else. Compassion and self love changes how we see the world and the people within it. :heart_hands:

1 Like

Well you just lost me…

1 Like

This song is great! I haven’t listened to much MGK but this is fantastic. If you haven’t, you should check out Lo Spirit. His music would be great for your channel :purple_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like