Therapist reacts to a 45 by Shinedown

This is my absolute favorite shinedown song I can relate to it so much I still struggle with a lot of issues today and this song is so meaningful to me

Sometimes you have to live through the darkness to see their light

The issue is there’s always going to be the intention the song was written with…and there’s how everyone else perceives it themselves. So much of what makes it a beautiful medium.

This entire era of music was intense, there just seemed to be so much sadness, sorrow, and hopelessness. It fit really well with a whole generation of kids who felt like they’ll truly never have a place in the world, and no one knew what their future was going to look like, not to mention, most kids who listened to this style of music were the “weird” kids so your only escape was music since school and often home weren’t safe spaces. This is what made bands like Slipknot, Linkin Park, Shinedown, Hoobastank, Incubus, Korn, Tool, Evanescence, etc… so popular, they all seemed to encapsulate that loneliness and fear we were all feeling at such a young age. This is the reason why my musical tastes haven’t really modernized because there’s really nothing modern that I feel really resonates with me much like the metal and rock from the early 2000’s.

its also a record…

You should check out Inside the Fire by Disturbed. It’s such a powerful song about the how he felt after someone he knew committed suicide.

Girl…. Listen to Ghost by Badflower

As a suicide survivor I understand how it is I used a 12 gauge and anything about mental health and suicide gets me i listen to citizen soldier and their songs are relatable when it comes to suicide and mental health

And then you find out this song has nothing to do with suicide.

I’ve enjoyed this band since they became big and I was still in high school. There isn’t one album out there that Brent didn’t pour himself into so I can’t recommend their songs enough, but definitely check out “Get up”, “Symptom of Being Human,” and “Atlas Falls.” All of his work shows his journey through life and he’s such a relatable open book.

Along this line, I might suggest Inside the Fire by Disturbed. Very emotional song also about suicide and those left behind and dealing with those emotions.

P.S. Trigger warning, the music video is very graphic, so avoid that if you wish

Thank you…

I wonder how she’d react to A Reason To Fight, as there are several, with David’s speech at the end.

If this song isn’t one of the many anthems to anti suicide than we are all doing something wrong in this world.

You should do Pittsburgh by the amity affliction next. If you think this song is powerful, you’ll fall out of your chair listening to Pittsburgh.

This is a phenomenal song and this has ALWAYS been one of my favorites, since it first came out.
NOW THEN

If you think your up to it:

OR

You’re really good at this. I’ve probably watched all of your videos. Thank you for sharing your insight.

You’re a therapist and you didn’t know?!? That song encapsulates a generation of us…

Dam thank you you made me see this song in a totally different way you should definitely do a review of Papa Roaches leave a light on that will definitely get you in the REAL FEELS

Dear lord, I need a therapist like you! This video hit me right in the feels.