Therapist reacts to a 45 by Shinedown

You should react to Flaw Whole
For me it takes on the emotional toll of the family and friends of a person who committed suicide.
Which i am

Check out their song, Cut The Cord. That one is one of my favorites from them.

This song saved my life. You did a good job to help me understand a little more of why. I still carry a .45 to protect.

1 Like

Shinedown is amazing. Every freaking song they made is incredible in my book. Love the song, Second Chance. There’s lots of meaning there!:heart:

The acoustic version is more in to the feels

You have to listen to junkhead by Alice In Chains you would definitely love breaking it down

Guns are not scary. It’s what people do with those guns that make it scary.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Taylor. Hugs❤

You should react to Citizen Soldiers music

Years back, around 2022. I had a complete, and utter emotional meltdown. I just didn’t want to go through it anymore.
But somewhere in me, I heard for the first time, myself speaking to me, telling me to get back up because the thoughts I was having weren’t me. they were a manifestation of fears, insecurites… Shame for hurting SO many people before that night. That was when I went to my doctor, started counseling, therapy, etc. The initial breakdown was almost it for me. Instead, it showed me I couldn’t handle my pain alone. So I swallowed my pride, and set myself on a different path. Even after 12ish years, I’m still learning how to be the person I want to be, when I finally told that darker side to take a hike. The fight never ends. Unless you give up on it.

You should listen to “IMANU & HYPRESSION - Buried” It’s a powerful dubstep about abuse

I was in my teenage years when i found out im incapable of self termination. Every now and then i still get those thoughts and i recognize them for what they are. Just a call from the void. I am depressed and stuck, i know it could be worse but when there hasnt been an end to it for well over a decade. You kinda lose yourself. Swimming through the ashes of another life, who i once was before depression got hold of me.

There’s a lot of people that have been hurt, most don’t know how to deal with it, but are also too stubborn to authenticate their problems or pain. It’s not easy! I’m struggling with this issue with people that I love and have lost, just keep fighting!

That’s still my life, and I won’t own a firearm, I can’t, after i stared down a 10 mike

I love the message you’re trying to bring to this song. This song has been around for nearly 20 years and it still gets me riled up, it still drives up memories from high school driving around alone screaming this song in my car because I had no one that I felt could relate to what I was going through. Shinedown has helped so many millennials get through so much. We owe them. :heart::heart:

The acoustic version of this song is so powerful, would highly recommend giving it a listen!

My best friend took his own life, two years ago. It crushed my heart. Because I tried to be there for him I cried, and prayed with him. For several hours and when I thought he was OK, I went to the kitchen to get something for him, and he took his life. I’ve never been the same.

Look where you’re stuck!! Your veiw is of a brick building…every fucking morning! Fuck that!

2nd verse screams volumes of the toll an abortion takes on a man. The pain of losing someone you love but you’ve never met and asking “what if” is agonizing, and for someone to throw it away because of preference hurts the one who had no control over the situation.

You may have got it exactly right at the end because there was one concert where the lead singer talks about this song and says it actually has a happy ending for some reason the gun didn’t fire and they get inside the room and whoever the person was lived.