Therapist reacts to a MURDERER by Ren

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRvTaklvj5Q

Therapist anlyazes the lyrics of “Murderer” to discuss the ways in which people use violence to protect and through the expression of violence there is a natural exposure of wounding. When we listen to this song we can get specific about who we want to perpetrate violence against and use it to understand our own wounding that is causing that desire.

1 Like

The follow-up song is a song called “Animal flow” where that kidnapped guy makes a cameo. That one.has lots.of references to Orwell’s "“Animal Farm”

1 Like

Yeah the acoustic one is even better!! Animal Flow plus the acoustic of thaf is also better!

Blind Eye ft angry car park attendant should be next…

1 Like

He did an acoustic version of this song which is equally awesome. Also, just a reminder that Ren has a track called “Sick.boi part 2” and “For joe” is a continuation of “suicide”. “Seven Sins,” “wicked ways,” and “Genesis” are also songs I think you will dig. Would also like to see you react to Chinchilla’s “Fingers (live)” please

1 Like

Oh wow! You should see the acoustic version of this. Believe or not, it’s actually better! Great reaction!

1 Like

Nothing heavy in this one! :joy::joy::joy: Ren has a bunch more that would be more…substantive. Chalk Outlines. How to be Me. Insomnia. Depression. Crutch. Patience. Money Game 3. Power. Genesis. But it’s good to see him just have fun once in a while.

1 Like

Fun fact: YouTube supressed/limited the song Su*cide (which is why it is spelled censored so he could get it out to everyone), and this song wasn’t. Ren made a big point about the hypocracy of censoring one that is anti-, and not the one that is “pro-”

1 Like

Now, react to the acoustic version of ‘Murderer’. Ren is a chameleon with his music.

1 Like

Also: really hope you took time to listen to “For Joe”. It really is an important follow-up to Su*cide, and legitimately helped take the narrative to a more of a healing place.

1 Like

Really enjoying your reviews​:clap::clap:

1 Like

Ren keeps things %100 real and makes you think hard about the meaning behind things, he’s an absolute genius who weaves a story with amazing music to paint a picture, hopefully to take something positive from the darkness.

1 Like

Dive deeper, his older stuff like diazepam, crutch etc

1 Like

please do Ren seven sins next

1 Like

Next one , the guy in the trunk is used as a prop in the Animal Flow song :).

1 Like

Great reaction once again. I think you should maybe do the tales of Jenny and Screech full version next

1 Like

Given some of the subjects you touch on in this reaction, I recommend you take a look at the Tale of Jenny and Screech (full version)… You’ll see a lot more of Ren’s range and artistry, but be prepared for a long (and traumatic) one though

1 Like

You should check out ”chalk outlines” too

1 Like

Fun fact, rumor says the guy against the right-hand side actually called the police. But, Ren had called ahead of time to warn them that might happen.

1 Like

Ren is one of the least violent people you’ll meet. During the last year while he was rolling out his hip-hop SICK BOI album, he covered just about every style of rap extant, including Flex Rap and Gangster Rap, both of which are incorporated in MURDERER. He even managed to get himself into a rap battle just so he could show he’s capable of doing every style of hip hop to the highest degree. His diss track, DUMB KING COME, is WELL worth analyzing, but this one is pretty simple. He’s just showing he can be a gangster and a flexer with the best of them, and he CAN.

1 Like

The hook ‘Murderer’ is actually from a Barrington Levy Reggae track, ‘Tell them a ready’ and Ren built the song around that.
Ren has actually done a song regarding domestic violence, it is one of the tracks in “The tale of Jenny & Screech - Official video” trilogy
I am glad you are venturing further down the Ren rabbit hole. I have enjoyed your reaction videos to them.

1 Like