Therapist Reacts to Daddy By Korn

Even in the 90s this song was a joke. It’s even more cringe now lol

1 Like

It took so long to Jonathan to sing this song live. You can see him crying on stage at the end of the song. Such a shocking moment.

1 Like

During his outburst you can hear the door to the booth opening, the band didn’t know how personal the lyrics were, they comforted Jonathan afterwards.
The lullaby at the end is Jonathan’s sister, i believe its a lullaby he would have heard as a child. The song is one of the most personal songs but so relatable to so many victims of abuse.

1 Like

So rough, every time I hear it…

1 Like

This song was my therapy as a child. A very harsh song that everyone should hear atleast once. J.D. was so brave to put himself out there with this one. This song made me understand support groups. I’d never wish this on anyone, but knowing there were others out there who experienced similar trauma really helped me not feel alone and to heal.

Many people can’t get through this song the first time. I would listen to it on repeat until all the pain and rage were drained from me, leaving me feeling like a hollow blank slate. I’d then try to find something to do that gave me happiness. I don’t know how healthy a method this was, but it worked for elementary age me trying to therapist myself. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Excellent review…

1 Like

This song :wave: me hard because I wasn’t sexually abused but I was physically and mentally abused by my father the small time my parents were married and after the divorce was emotionally abused by my father by him basically abandoning me and treating me like I didn’t exist most of the time and today, I haven’t seen my father in over 20 years

1 Like

This helped a lot of us back then

1 Like

i’m so glad that you react to daddy, now please react to scissors by slipknot

1 Like

I’ve always been honest about my physical abuse, but it has freaked some people out and they didn’t want to be friends anymore

1 Like

Luckily my mom, and aunt believed it when they saw the bruises and then my mom quickly divorced my father and really believed because of the lingering trauma because I didn’t speak much until I was 5 and because of that I still have a speech impediment and anxiety depression disorders

1 Like

NF - “How could you leave us” would be a great song for you to check out.

1 Like

Another song on this level is Five by Machine Head.
Please do that one.

1 Like

The song KILL YOU also by KORN, is another great follow up to this song. There is more melody and instrumentals, but also SUCH POWERFUL lyrics as well. Definitely check that one out too. Thank you for you evaluation of this song. Great reaction. NEW SUBSCRIBER for sure.

1 Like

That’s the sound of a man going through it.

1 Like

Female Baby sitter left an impression on JD, that’s for damn sure. Dont be fooled into thinking only Male’s are capable of this level of evil.

1 Like

The ending is Jon Davis breaking down for real and the band just kept playing and they kept recording

1 Like

I dont think “brave” is the correct word to describe it. BRAVE is the firefighter that runs into a burning building to save someone, BRAVE is the policeman that runs into the hail of bullets to save the inocent, BRAVE is the soldier that fights in the middle of a war zone. This is just a song made by a guy who was raped and possibly start the healing process. nothing more!

1 Like

Yeah Korn didn’t play this song in concert for decades because Jonathan wasn’t comfortable singing it

1 Like

There are two songs that for me are equivalent in terms of trying to show our feelings about some sort of trauma. Korn song Daddy and Slipknot song Scissors.
You should do Scissors next. Its a completely deranged song, half of it was written and half of it was improvised at the moment. Like Daddy it’s a song that live’s you in a different state of mind.

1 Like