Therapist Reacts to Daddy By Korn

You said it, it is a gift for those of us who went through it. Jon made it ok to be angry, to have these feelings and to cry. To get it out. And Jon being so brave, letting us know we weren’t alone, is a gift we can never pay back.

1 Like

It’s hard for me to listen to this song as I was abused sexually by someone it really hurts

1 Like

At the time this came out this was such a brave song. JD was such a hero to so many for his openness and his bringing light to topics such as this.

1 Like

During the recording the band’s producer really pushed them hard and this meltdown of the vocalist was in a way staged by producer. He knew the context of the song and he pushed the vocalist into this emotional explosion. The song was also published almost unedited to share that pain. So on one hand it’s a pure emotional meltdown based on vocalist’ trauma but on other hand a handcrafted masterpiece of producer. I generally don’t support benefiting from someone’s trauma but in this case it was somewhat beautiful. People usually feel better when they release the feelings of that caliber. And if it gets recorded in moves the needle for the band - that’s cool either. This song is from their breakthrough debut album and who knows, maybe that producer move made the band as big as they eventually went.
My deepest respect to Johnathan Davis, the vocalist, I was literally crying when I saw them live because suddenly I realized this man has gone through such a crazy times and he’s still there alive doing what he loves - performing. SUCH A F**KING LEGEND.
Thanks for this video!

1 Like

I love watching people react to this song, because the lyrics and subject matter are so dark but that groove is just too infectious :joy::tada::cry:

1 Like

30 years later and I still get emotional listening to this song

1 Like

For a different version on this theme from a female perspective, the nu-metal singer/group Otep - Jonestown Tea

1 Like

Metal music has saved more lives than psa, because when this music came out people who didnt have no one to turn to, did to metal to feel they were not alone on what they were going through.

1 Like

You can even hear it in the song the others are slowly stopping like, “uh, do we continue?” Then you can hear a door open and them leaving for a good minute.
In all seriousness, somebody will believe you. And there always is a shoulder to cry on

1 Like

Ngl i was imagining you reacting to Daddy few days ago, now it’s real

1 Like

I can’t listen to their first two albums all the way through… Absolutely can’t!! I have monstrous break downs!!

1 Like

make me bad, falling away from me, coming undone, narcissistic cannibal, get up, never never, rotting in vain, black is the soul, a different world, take me, cold, you’ll never find me, the darkness is revealing, idiosyncracy, can you hear me, h@rder, let the dark do the rest, start the healing, worst is on its way. also what it is by jonathon davis from his solo album. songs from korn’s last 2 albums were hard for jonathon going through the death of his mom and wife

1 Like

You need to react to “Hush” from Hellyeah

1 Like

In 2004 I was raped at a high school party still don’t know who the rapist is

1 Like

I think you would love REN doing " hi Ren"

1 Like

I was in middle school when Korn was exploding (late 90’s-early 200’s) and my friends and I were all about Nu metal. I truly respect Jonathan and Korn. Their music was literally the first time i can remember hearing a MALE figure talk about being a victim of sexual abuse. I always have been impressed with the band and with the openness they (Jon) show in their lyrics. I really felt like, for some people i knew, it was the start of making the topic something a little less stigmatized. I , of course, don’t mean to imply that they were a solitary catalyst for society’s willingness to engage about this topic. I just mean to say that when i think of Middle/high school boys immaturity; I can actually remember people go from this being something they would make jokes about to something that was spoken about in a serious way. I guess I’m not really sure how to explain the connects. It could have just been something within my community or in the schools i grew up in. I just know some people that found a way to connect and open up through a lot of the Nu Metal/Metal that you have been doing on this channel and one of the things that i noticed happening simultaneously was the beginning of attitudes towards mental health slowly improving (absolutely not there yet)

1 Like

@heartsupport
As a survivor of this kind of childhood trauma myself this song really hits home for me and it needs to be heard as it brings into light a topic that needs to be addressed and JD is so brave for making this song.

1 Like

Finally more korn. Hope you keep going with them, there cataloge is big.

1 Like

This song shouldn’t exist, not saying it doesn’t happen but no child should ever have to go through this. There’s a special place in Hell for people who do this to kids and animals. As a side note could you please react to Corey Taylor Live at the Forum with the songs Home/ZZyyX Road

1 Like

You actually did the reaction, curious how you’re going to even talk about this in under 20 minutes, other than just acknowledging his emotions and the abuse people endure.

1 Like