Therapist Reacts to Daddy By Korn

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NpxWEsv8ys

Therapist reacts to Korn’s “Daddy,” a song about Jonathan Davis’s own personal story of sexual abuse and the devastating struggle with disbelief from his own parents. The therapist acknowledges the profound impact of such trauma and emphasizes the significance of healing.

1 Like

There’s so many people who used this song to heal and know that they don’t have to suffer alone. Also the end of the song when Jonathan is crying they kept recording until they ended it then the band went in to help him

1 Like

Oh this is my favourite song ever. It has gotten me through so much.

1 Like

This song has always been difficult for me to listen too! :100:

1 Like

Oooooooooof. This is a rough one to get through. I don’t really have a connection to the song itself, I just happen to be highly empathetic and always just wanted to hug young Jon and tell him You did well.

1 Like

I’ve been sexual abused by both my brother and sister over the time I told my mom she didn’t believe nor my dad she finally believe of what my brother did but my sister won’t let no one know she said keep it quiet or else till this day she denies it and I was there see I feel sorry for all the people that get raped or molested as a child by anyone that’s a lot older than them that’s not right no offenses look at the Catholics the priest raping both alter boys and girls they keep it a secret my god that’s not right hurting children so innocent

1 Like

The first time she paused the video, I paused this video… first verse, first chorus and I already need a break. I can’t relate to this song personally, but man is this a tough one to get through without breaking down emotionally. I have seen so many people react to it on various different levels and it never gets easier. It is also important to note that it wasn’t his parents who did it to him it was a trusted family friend who used to babysit them but Jon was angry at his parents for not believing him. There are songs and stories about this topic where you can just tell that they experienced it first hand and songs and stories where you can tell they have no personal connection to it. Another one you should check out is “Jonestown Tea” by Otep. There is no mistaking her detailed trauma for creative writing.

1 Like

The song was written by Johnathan due to his babysitter raping him he kept telling his mom and step dad they ignored him an he had enough he left the family home the babysitter has past away they’ve only played this song once live never done it again

1 Like

I really have trouble listening to this song. It brings back too much trauma.

1 Like

Holy lord, here we go…

1 Like

I could only listen to this song once in my life because of how sad it is

1 Like

This song hurts in a good way, it feels like a release it screams when I can’t, I was 6 just a young boy and was assaulted multiple time by my step cousin who was about 15 female for three years and then again by someone who I thought was my best friend 14 male, my mother never believed me because she was (and still is) a drug addicted and insist that she “never remembered that” probably because when the assault happened she was smoking with a friend in her room, by the time she did check on me and my “friend” he was already finished with me. It still hurts to this day

1 Like

The lyrics pretty much speak for themself

1 Like

Yes he was actually crying, I’ve been waiting for you to do this song, thank you

1 Like

Why TF did I listen to this shxt at work?

1 Like

Korn Daddy rocks so brutal and emotional

1 Like

That last bit where they just kept it recording was so visceral and thick with emotion. So painful.

1 Like

He’s gotten criticism for this song because people that don’t know the back story have taken the part from the perspective of the abuser out of context but the truth is it’s supposed be repulsive and make you feel icky to simulate what victims feel! Personally my abuse was never sexual but I did experience some very horrific dehumanizing abuse I’ve always related to this song the pain in his voice when he cries and screams at the end basically lost control and had a panic attack and the fact that they were brave enough to leave it in the song epic much respect

1 Like

This song is fucked but necessary because most people don’t realize how often this shit happens.

1 Like

Yeees I waited this…

1 Like