Therapist Reacts to Got The Life by Korn

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcNKJqJUOeI

Therapist analyzes the lyrics of Got the Life by Korn to talk about the difference between having THE life (a perfect set of circumstances) and experiencing LIFE. She discusses how LIFE is always available to us and we can use this song to lean into that.

Korn

You haven’t reacted to never never yet!

Korn is actually the perfect band for you to analyze. JD has always been very personal and honest with his lyrics. Every song is a reflection of the trauma he’s experienced over the years. Really hope you do more stuff from Korn.

What if you can’t pay? What if I have to steal Burger King Wi-Fi to watch your videos. What if people are destitute. If I have nothing to give will I be ignored

well if I had my song finished I would :slight_smile: but thanks for the possibility

I can’t honestly remember the last time I’ve felt alive / happy or pleased with my life

react to another nf soon, i love those videos

Love this song. May i suggest alien ant farm these days

I saw Korn for the first time in 96. Im old…lol. head there my favorite therapist. I hope your day is going great. So my sober birthday is the 28th and its getting close so I was hoping still that u all could react to Fear Campaign by my favorite metal band Fear Factory. I think u will enjoy and its a great topic.

Holy sh*t I haven’t heard or seen this video in ages :sweat_smile:

I love Korn, i grew up listening to them, and love your reaction, hugs from Texas :hugs::heart::metal:t3::metal:t3:

Please do “Dirty” by KoRn.

You should explore the Ethel Cain lore. She touches on some heavy stuff and Ethel Cain is actually a whole character. Ptolemea is off Preachers Daughter. Apparently, for this one song, she takes drugs and this voice comes over as if she is hallucinating. There is a section of the song where she gives out a deathly scream of Stop. By the end of the entire album she gets kidnapped and then killed which August Underground is supposed to be about and it’s based off a movie. The very last song I think is where people believe Ethel goes to heaven. Also look into The God, the message is deep as well. Her song Famous Last Words (Ode to Eaters) is about having an unhealthy obsession and relationship over someone you love and beg for them to stay and eat your entire body to be a part of them, I heard it’s a weird cannibal type song.

“When I don’t have depression…”. I can’t even imagine what that would be like. It’s like waiting for tomorrow- tomorrow is never here. Tomorrow is always a day away. It’s always beyond reach. What we have is making the best of now, planning, and trying to keep a solid perspective on where we are. Enjoyed the reaction

Great video, I think you should react to Pride from Kendrick lamar, he makes deep conclusions

My favorite part of korn songs has always been Fieldy. That bass is badass!!

Got their first album in 95 and found out my Uncle who was a staunch Maiden fan loved them too. He had a rare vinyl of Korn he was saving for a rainy day in case he ever needed the money. Hopefully the band stays relevant and as loved as we did back then!

Saw there very first concert at a club called California Dreams in Anaheim 1993. Bad ass then bad ass now. :metal:t4::metal:t4::metal:t4::metal:t4::metal:t4:

I really appreciate your analysis of Korn. It’s been eye opening because I used to listen to them when I was younger and didn’t realize exactly how well I related. Helped with some healing

Jonathan was very authentic and honest. Another is Ronnie Radke of Falling in Reverse. Korn opened the door to talk about a lot of emotions, and FIR has followed in the footsteps, talking about therapy, drugs, and general mental health. It’s great to see. Happy Men’s Mental Health Month!