Therapist reacts to Hive Mind by Slipknot

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t91vKJXNcrI

Therapist analyzes the lyrics of Slipknot’s grammy-nominated song “Hive Mind” to discuss how being of a “sordid hive mind” means being a part of a community that feeds off of the destruction of others. We often want to be a part of a “hive” because it gives us a sense of belonging, but true belonging can only come when there is authentic acceptance. This song calls us to ask ourselves if we are a part of a hive that creates or destroys.

1 Like

First, much love from Hungary btw!!

1 Like

LOVE this song…

1 Like

this is one of my favourites

1 Like

My hive is listening to Slipknot. A recent hive I joined is teaching the members to find themselves after having lost themselves in a relationship, and having been discarded by their SO. I used to belong to the sorted types of hives but no more, not in a very long time.

1 Like

love the song, horrible music video lol.

1 Like

this song reminds me about peer pressure for some reason from what you describing 3:16

1 Like

I’d love to see you react to eyeless

1 Like

I appreciate your reactions and how you interpret the message of the songs. I’m a huge Slipknot fan and I look forward to seeing more!

1 Like

Wait till she starts on the first self-titled album……:neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face:

1 Like

I’ve been listening this band for the past 23 years, growing up with them being my life soundtrack. Finding your channel just made me SO happy, cuz the way you’re able to express how deep this songs cut yet being so passionate about how it sounds makes me feel like “Yeah, she unfold a message bigger than what the original piece is”, and this is how art works. Analising them through Psychologic pov it’s fantastic, I’m just starting my Psychology degree and your videos are a huge inspiration. Keep it going

1 Like

i have a song for you react from slipknot the name is gehenna, a undergrund song of the album all hope is gone.
I love your work.

1 Like

yay taylor time…

1 Like

You helped me understand more bout slipknot thank you, i recommend nero forte and liars funeral

1 Like

In Flames is another fun metal/hard rock band with deep lyrics, check out ‘Sober and Irrelevant’ or ‘Delights and Angers’. Love watching your reactions and analysis to these types of bands. Grew up with Slipknot and they always helped get ya out of a dark place.

1 Like

One of their most underrated songs, in my opinion, is This Cold Black!! I’d say give it a listen!!:metal:t3::metal:t3:

1 Like

It would be really cool if you could analyze “Pulse of the Maggots” next, I won’t spoil much but it contains a it of disillusionment and some sort of “alienation” you could say

Btw, I never expected a licensed therapist to review such band without being in complete shock lmao, you’re pretty unique compared to other therapists on here

P.S I didn’t know Slipknot even had music videos

1 Like

a hive mind isn’t only about conformity that is but one kind of hive mind, i hive mind can also be a collective intelligence, any time you have multiple people sharing their opinions and knowledge you also have a hive mind.

the type of hive mind that she’s talking about is the worst kind of hive mind for the individual, or for the world outside the hive, and is inherently fascistic, divisive and destructive as it will alienate or destroy anything that does not conform or is not like them… though she is right most people function in this kind of hive mind for a sense of community (religious affiliation, political tribalism, social cliques etc) despites its toxicity to the individual or the wider world. whereas i do not fit into the traditional hive mind social structure, i fall into intellectual hive mind, where the exchange or passing down of information is paramount and conformity is both irrelevant and an undesirable trait.

1 Like

Hi if you haven’t done this song yet react to neo forte pleaseeee

1 Like

Omg will you please react to the whole of the iowa album would love to get your take some of the songs on there it’s the beat slipknot album

1 Like