Therapist reacts to People=Shit by Slipknot

Slipknot’s music helped me through some dark times and it helps to channel my anger and rage positively. Thanks for reacting to the song and providing good analysis! Subbed!

1 Like

This… is a philosophy with two edges, protection and vulnerability, both. Trust and be hurt, but, never trust and never be helped…

1 Like

No disrespect, but you identify the meaning of the song in your perspective. Most Slipknot fans personally identify with the meaning.

1 Like

This show was the best love preformence ever

1 Like

I gotta see your reaction to the song Disasterpiece

1 Like

Awesome hability to search and find the “gift line” in every Slipknot song…
Respect…!!!

1 Like

Break the Bones Whose Sinew Gave Them Motion by Meshuggah. A great song about the desire for revenge and it ultimately leading to self destruction.

1 Like

Maggot forever :metal:

I LOVE how into it you are

Thank you for helping me understand that key line in the bridge! I never knew there was any hope in this song… just thought it was venting, but i like it even more now.

Hey from Italy, ! As a teenager I listened to this music, I found myself in an environment of hostile people, who only liked to destroy the lives of those they thought deserved it, inciting them to drugs, self-destruction, estrangement from the family. We had a famous case called “bestie di satana” (satan’s beasts), there are so many documentaries about this. I knew a guy who hung out with one of those people and still today he thinks he knows what’s best for his friends, he distances them from their wives and children, he just wants to destroy them and keep them close because he was left by his partner and he doesn’t understand that this only makes life worse. around him and therefore his own life

Never in a million years I would have thought that this song was in ANY way, shape or form, psychotherapeutic. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

People=Shit, to me, is a reminder to not get my hopes up, a reminder that the majority of people are self-centered and convenience oriented. The best way to push people away is to ask for help when you need it the most. Very, very few people will ever go out of their way to help you.

“Would you rather be with me in my pain, or never be with me again?”

Thats a line from a poem I wrote. Most choose the latter.

People love to say “call me if you need to talk”, most don’t mean it, and the few that do mean “I will talk you off the ledge, after that you are on your own.” Virtually no one means “hey, your welcome any time, and you don’t have to be on the ledge.”

There are only so many times you can bounce off point break before you can’t keep getting up anymore. Most people don’t realize that. They don’t want to acknowledge that reality. I’ve gotten to the point where, either I make it, or I don’t. There is no more reaching out. I’ve already reached out to anyone that could make a difference.

So, for now, I’m going to do my best to stay around to give my cats the best life I can. Cats love you for you. They aren’t fake. If they like you, it genuine. If they are hanging out with you, its because they want to. They are there with me when I don’t have the strength to imagine continuing. They will even take turns so I’m not by myself until I get through it. They are genuinely happy to see me when I get home from work.

Not heard a reaction/explanation like this before. Brilliant.

Im not like you. I just fuck up.

Lmao this is my new favorite video on the internet :skull: PEOPLE = SHIT

Literally my new favorite channel! Slipknot played a huge part in my strange teenage days IOWA was a fucking masterpiece

My anthem, why, because people are shit.

Interesting :thinking: interpretation :slight_smile:

Iowa as an album can be summed up one word, hate. In its purest form.