Therapist reacts to Schism by Tool

This is the first album the band made after going through a long 5 year. Legal battle with their record label. It was really hard on the band and it hurt their relationship.

1 Like

As a Tool fan, I’d advise you not to watch the videos on the first listen. It distracts you from the music, which drives the listener’s emotions.

1 Like

You want a Tool song to really analyze? Listen to prison sex.

1 Like

This concerrt… they had contortionists on stage doing all this… didn’t look human… also, i think Maynard is probably the most centered human in music, if fact, i think he isnt human…

1 Like

The song is absolutely about relationships and conflict but also about repairing and rebuilding off the existing foundations of those relationships. The song, if I recall correctly, was written about the conflict that existed within the band at that time that was preventing them from writing new music and touring.

1 Like

I recommended The Patient on the last vid, and that still stands, but yeah…this whole record will be great for approaching things from your perspective. There’s a lot of Jungian themes throughout the entire thing, so you’re bound to have an interesting experience with each song.

1 Like

Please react to Tool’s Pushit. You would love dissecting that song about a toxic relationship.

1 Like

You should do the whole discography. They are all phenomenal

1 Like

What is that pad your fingers are always on??

1 Like

Im glad you, as a therapist can see how Maynard wrote this to have ppl come together.

I have been a Tool fan since '92 and I have always felt that I can prescribe a Tool song for what ails you.

There’s songs about sexual abuse, relationships like the one you just did, acceptance, death, regret, guilt etc.

If there ever was a trained therapist that would be able to prescribe a Tool song in order to better your day …then that would be amazing.

From experience, Tool has taught how to take accountability, be kinder and understand my darkness as a part of the light.

When I was 16, was in a bad relationship and Pushit wason repeat for many months. It helped me deal with that moment in time. There’s been many other countless times they have helped me.

So if you have any ideas,themes you want to explore then let me know and I’ll let you know what song to react to, to accentuate your point.

:cyclone: Spiral out :cyclone:

1 Like

I knew I would enjoy this reaction from you. Please do push it very much more intense song about relationship

1 Like

Hope you continue with Tool, they have so many great songs both lyrically and that amazing soundscape they make I’d love to hear your take on. Like straight up therapist wise I think I would go for The Grudge or Descending.

1 Like

So if I came in for a session you’re telling me you’d prescribe Tool Rx? Sign me up. :relieved:

Pushit

1 Like

I’ve seen people say if before but it’s true. My favorite tool song is the one I’m listening too right now…

1 Like

Adam Jones, the guitarist, does the videos. He has done special effects for movies like Jurassic Park and Terminator. Creepy, indeed, but creative af.

1 Like

Ok! Now I want you to react to “Pushit” just based on this video.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

The lead singer’s other band, A Perfect Circle, has an album called 13th Step that’s about addiction. You’ll love that.

They also have a song called Disillusioned that talks about our addiction to devices. He literally sings “dopamine”.

Great stuff miss lady.

1 Like

Do parabol/parabola its amazing

1 Like

Hammett is correct. Do not watch the video’s the first time. Listen and read the lyrics. The video has nothing to do with the music. Adam does the video’s as Art after the song structure is already done.

1 Like

Eventually. I love to see you react to tool <3
I would love to hear your opinion about Vicarious from Tool.

1 Like