Therapist reacts to Stinkfist by Tool

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ4fTl1u9hE

Therapist analyzes the lyrics of Tool to discuss the difference between distractive pleasure and generative pleasure. To invite people to think about the way they try to shove pleasure to fill the hole of their wounding versus using pleasure to generate new life outside of their wounding.

1 Like

Please do Prison Sex by Tool sometime. I would love to hear your thoughts about it!

1 Like

Tool at their heaviest and most trippy. The lyrics are all very spiritual and real. To understand the Center of Consciousness that is Self, and its relationship to flesh and temporary pleasures that the physical body gives, it creates a dichotomy.
Cmon understand the moment Now is All there is. Dreams, Awake, Being is constant. No matter which vehicle you are it is always I-AM.

1 Like

you should react to (Sic), Surfacing, and The Heretic Anthem all by slipknot, they are all my favorite songs from slipknot

1 Like

Great Reaction. Can we get Dax - To Be A Man… please…

1 Like

Tool videos are not meant to a side by side to the story of the song necessarily. It’s kind of a stand alone art piece that goes with the song. But I think you absolutely nailed the lyrical meaning and your tool reactions are just fantastic to watch.

1 Like

as they say, dune is just star wars for tool fans

1 Like

Should always do the studio version first. Tool videos are very distracting from the music.

1 Like

Maynard is using a metaphor that will shock and provoke people to prove his larger point: that we’re living in a society that increasingly requires us to become more and more stimulated in order to feel a reaction to anything.

1 Like

I wish I could share the video of My Brother and I screaming WHOO !!! For the 1st drop. Saw them Live twice in 1 year, NOLA and Biloxi.

1 Like

You should definitely check out Prison Sex by Tool… it is t what you think it is about

1 Like

finally! always more tool

1 Like

What became of subtlety?.

1 Like

Also the TOOL’s Music Video’s have nothing to do with the Lyrics. The guy’s come up with the Instrumental, give it to Maynard(writes lyrics) and Adam does the Art Work with others for Video’s. “What am I watching!” And Art piece, to TOOL music.

1 Like

I always believed these lyrics to be about having your pleasure control you. Feeding a desire for stimulation despite knowing that its dangerous. Addiction of any sort can be attributed the same way, You do something at first thats harmless, Then it because habit, Then you chase the thrill and it becomes addiction. Drugs, Alcohol, Gambling, Sex, Anything that stimulates you to feel a way that you want to feel but ultimately results in a sense of nothing without escalation.

1 Like

suggestion: (tool, vicarious) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_TUP2vuaDs&pp=ygUddG9vbCB2aWNhcmlvdXMgb2ZmaWNpYWwgdmlkZW8%3D

1 Like

Don’t give stink fist the stink :eye: I saw that

1 Like

Thanks for Stinkfist! Would love to see you react to The Grudge next!

1 Like

The Hollow by A Perfect Circle (one of Maynard’s other bands) goes nicely with this song. Underneath, they have a similar message. Also, Prison Sex by Tool please. I would recommend the extended live version. It has an extra verse that needs to be heard.

1 Like

Gah. We LOVE Tool’s music. And HATE their music videos.

1 Like