Therapist Reacts to THE POT by TOOL

He’s making fun of Jimmy Page for ripping off the Blues. Because Page said disparaging comments about Tool ripping people off. So he calls out Jimmy Page for ripping off the blues like Muddy Waters. “weeping shades of indigo” indigo is blue and the blues is about weeping with a guitar.

Do wings for Marie pt I and II? Just do all the songs and albums after Opiate? idk

I’m a fat slug who drinks and eats too much, I feel stuck. HeartSupport

Welcome to the Tool experience. Spiral out

Self proclaimed tool head here mate I must have seen hundreds of tool reactions in my Life and may I say that you are nearly bang on with the annalis of Maynard’s lyrical content well done please if you haven’t already listen to forty six and two as well as lateralis

I was just going over dissonence in my DBT group. For some of us, we hold these thoughts in our mind that do not come from us, but are often values that were forced onto us at a young age, and as our own self awareness developed, we can often feel confused and not understand why.

I hear the voice in my head, reminding me how little my own wants and desires matter, all while over-indulging in anything that makes me feel good; like, when you’re in a group of friends, you’re hungry, and the question gets asked what everyone wants, and where should we order from. I don’t voice my opinion until no one else offers anything, then I INSIST that we order what I want. Feelings of guilt crop up and then I start to feel bad about myself for strongly expressing what I want.

Also, I will feel strongly about how badly my friend is being treated by their spouse, and, after my friend cheated on her, my ethics tell me to insist they confess to her, or I will…but, then I don’t, because I don’t want to lose them as a friend.

Foot in mouth and head up asshole. One of the best lines ever.

Welp, I really need a therapist but none are available in my area. I guess I’ll just watch this one react to my favorite songs.

I´ve always thought this was about Led Zeppelin… Specially the Muddy Waters reference.

tool the patient and reflection

The obvious take is blatant hypocrisy but we know MJK isn’t that simple. The other view is it is about the thing bands do to each other regarding “ripping off” each others work. Tool and Led Zep were often compared and rumors were Tool was accused of ripping off the LZ “sound”. But LZ was taken to court over the use of the main riff in Stairway to Heaven. Hence the parts of the song about lawyers and judicial matters. They had also been accused of taking Muddy Waters blues sound. Eyeballs deep in it. Practically raising him from the dead. Rob the grave to snow the cradle - stealing a dead musicians work to fool young listeners, who hadn’t heard the original blues songs, into thinking they were original ideas. Cozen indigo, deceptive blues. Lemon juice up in your eye…the lemon song from LZ was one specifically pointed out as a rip off of classic blues musicians. So I believe it’s calling to the irony and hypocrisy of how they were accused of copying LZ and LZ was accused of copying Muddy Waters and so on. Don’t be tossin your stones around when your house is made of glass too buddy. Makes sense of the seemingly non sensical lyrics which isn’t very Maynard. I believe he’s VERY intentional with each syllable of each word he uses.

This song reminds me of huge kangaroo court like lawsuit happening all over the news right now. :thinking:

Yes with my self identity @taylorpalmby

1 Like

Therapist catching bars even I couldn’t

1 Like

Chevelle - An Island would be a good song for this channel. We could all use an island from time to time.

This song is about the prohibition of marijuana.

love your reactions/breakdowns. the stankface thumbnails get me eveytime

High = drugs / euphoria / position of power / looking down on those you deem lesser than you.

Subscribe from Malaysia…

1 Like

Love your channel girl! :heart: :tipping_hand_woman: :clap:

1 Like