Therapist reacts to Vicarious by Tool

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2GAkgZX36o

Therapist analyzes the lyrics to Vicarious by Tool to discuss the ways in which people often find enjoyment from the pain and suffering of others. The song discusses the reality that hostility toward others and toward ourselves often rises up within us and it’s important to be cognizant of the ways we direct that hostility. We can direct it toward things that actually need to be destroyed.

1 Like

You’ll hear this a lot.

Don’t watch the official videos when listening to Tool at first glance. It’s distracting.

I love Adam’s artistic creativity, but it does draw away from the music and lyrics.

Circle back to it later.

1 Like

Hell yeah, the grudge is a good one too…also, stay away from the videos, they have nothing to do with the song and only distract from the lyrics

1 Like

Glad you reacted to the video too

1 Like

Do The Patient next please

1 Like

React to Suffer by Get Scared! Deep meanings and good music.

1 Like

Rubbernecking is a Perfect example for the meaning of this track. Great reaction and breakdown :facepunch::fire::fire:

1 Like

I think you should listen to “Prison sex” by Tool.

1 Like

Your reactions/reviews are really good. Very insightful. I’d love to hear what you think of pushit by tool.

1 Like

I have watched incredibly disturbing, real videos (Live Leak)… not because I’m a sadist or get “joy” from them, but because I need to “connect” with tragedy that I can relate to. I’m not the “only one” who’s been struck down by the heavens, or whatever. It’s empathy rather than voyeurism. This may not make sense, but it’s my truth.

1 Like

Your reactions/reviews are really good. Very insightful. I’d love to hear what you think of pushit by tool.

1 Like

Understanding 46&2 changed my life and is a great song for you to explore. Understanding and accepting our shadow is a reoccurring Tool theme.
I would love to see you explore H. - I think it is about raising a child and thanking them for "considerately killing me’ so I can become what they deserve while always being mindful of my past habits.
Also Jimmy is a good one for you.

1 Like

Glad you reacted to Vicarious. For a Therapist i would recommend this songs: Right in Two(about human nature, also religious dissonance), parabola/parabol(Taking Life as a gift and overcome Pain), Forty Six & 2 (A song about human evolution, 46&2 stands for our modern human chromosomes, taking a step forward)

1 Like

Great timing, I was just listening to a Maynard interview.

yay taylor time…

Perfect Circle Package is a must see REACTION FROM A PROFESSIONAL Like yourself would be awesome

My favorite Tool song.
I love when Maynard delivers the ugly truth about us humans.
Good stuff.

Stinkfist (Tool) or The Package (A Perfect Circle) are my suggestions

Love this song…

Don’t watch official videos as awesome as they are , they have nothing to do with they songs , use lyric videos instead. Maynard is a master lyricist