Therapist reacts to Vicarious by Tool

I enjoy watching your reaction to songs. More so for the white girl rhythm than anything else. Because it is so adorable. Though your dive into understanding the songs is great. I don’t know if you have listened to The Grudge by Tool but that is a good one as well. I have been a fan of their music forever and when Lateralus came out I was dealing with a lot. I must have heard The Grudge 100 times before it just clicked. But that time I really listen to what he was saying, and it changed the direction I was heading in life in a positive way.

Right in Two must be next

Please continue to react to Tool. I would avoid the videos

Please react to Prison S3x.

The fascination with suffering of others (like all the folks addicted to true crime shows, for example) makes me think about how the human brain is wired to adapt and learn and fix. We have so much plasticity in our brains that has allowed us to become this untouchable power on earth….we are drawn to problems and figuring out how to fix them. We HAVE to KNOW how something happened so that we can judge ourselves against it to measure if we would fall prey to the same tragedy. An example that comes to mind is you see a headline that a child died in a car accident…open the link and see that the child was not buckled into their seatbelt and a part of you feels relieved because your kid is always buckled.

If you can give meaning to any of their videos and directly relate them to the songs, you are a far better person than I.

tool videos are just a distraction from the music and lyrics. amazing in their own right, but skip them on first listen.
love what you do! :slight_smile:

The Germans call it schadenfreude. To feel pleasure derived from the misfortune of others.

Great song. Please cover every Tool song. They are my favorite. 46 and 2, schism, and vicarious are my jams

Right in two would be a good choice for the next reaction. Thanx for reaction :heart:

THANK YOU FOR DOING MORE TOOL!

Sorry for yelling……lol

It was hard for me to concentrate on the lyrics of this song and the musical instrumentations and instead my eyes were just mesmerized by the visual conceptions of the music video. Absolutely amazing and gorgeous video and major kudos to whoever created this visual work of art.

Prison sex will probably be the darkest lyrics you’ll ever read.

It don’t think it has to be “JOY”, versus an incessant curiosity that we can’t turn away from?? And at the end, we exhale thankful it’s better someone else than us (or I)??

It also doesn’t have to “feed us” that others suffer, does put our lives in perspective and make is thankful we aren’t as bad (yet)?

you are a real sensitive emotional person. it’s okay i am to.

36 and 2 you must do young padawan

The take away lyric in this song is as follows;
“The universe is hostile, so impersonal. Devour to survive - so it is, so it’s always been”

Facts!

Tool who lies on the Therapy bed and talks to you…

Great perspective. I could watch you break down Tool songs all day. Well done.

TOOL is Pink Floyd for the new millennium.

:metal:🧙‍♂:metal: