Therapist and Jake Luhrs React to Killpop - Slipknot

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbmJ5nCpWUM

Jake Luhrs, vocalist of August Burns Red, and Therapist Taylor Palmby analyze the lyrics of “Killpop” by Slipknot. They discuss how the song pains a picture of a painful cycle that many people get stuck in which is believing they constantly have to prove they are worthy of love. This performance-based cycle becomes a prison that feels difficult to break free from. The song provides the answer to this which is breaking free of the prison and practicing self-love.

1 Like

Killpop Deals With Corey Taylor’s Love-Hate Relationship With Music Industry

1 Like

This song is about Corey’s love/hate relationship with the music industry

1 Like

70th view!! :D…

1 Like

I like this back and forth between you two. This was a great vid.

1 Like

Who’s the lucky guy lol ? Anyway love your channel and thanks for your support plus you have great taste in music .

1 Like

I figured you’d like it…

1 Like

Much respect to both Slipknot & August Burns Red and your channel you people frickin Rock :metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:!

1 Like

Yay :blush: it’s so good…

1 Like

The song is my reflection on my relationship with music. That’s who the ‘she’ is. And not just music, but the music industry in general. So there’s a love-hate relationship there that really kind of comes into view." Corey Taylor

1 Like

“Every event in your life is neutral” I beg to differ… this is spoken from a place of privilege not a place of victimization and exploitation in which most of us reside.

1 Like

You should do before I forget

1 Like

Thanks again for reviewing some slipknot when I request it, very very cool. Have a blessed day :blush:

1 Like

Cry for Me Sky (Eulogy of the Scorned) · DevilDriver​:black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Fìnally !..

1 Like

I’ve always heard, “just love yourself.” I fully understand how beneficial that could be, but how do I just start loving myself, when hating myself is all that I know, and therefore, my most deep-seeded defense mechanism? If I hate myself, no one can hurt me more than I hurt me… How do I overcome that?

1 Like

Thank you very much :bearded_person::joy::sweat_smile::metal:t4::fire::metal:t4:

1 Like

Please, do reaction to Slipknot - Nameless :heart:

1 Like

You should check out vexed- trauma euphoria. Music video or one take which ever

1 Like

I absolutely love the interpretations of these songs!!

1 Like