Therapist and Vocalist react to One By Metallica

Like my dad was telling me about this song and he’s like in the movie. He’s doing Morse code against the wall saying just kill me dang that’s kind of messed up because he’s just in his head that’s it.

FADE TO BLACK released in ‘84

the live at the grammy awards show rocks

Johnny got his gun was actually re released last year I saw it and had mixed emotions about the movie it was a good movie but very morbid and sad

Consider how the world looks like it does today, maybe a remake of the movie should be a real hit. Of course with this song in it

So, on just about every Saturday night. A group of us couples would party hard and play cards until Headbangers Ball would come on MTV. On this particular night they were playing the 1st ever Metallica video. It was this song. I wasn’t even a big fan. After the song was over. Everyone just sat quietly for minutes. No one was the same after that. What a experience.

This was the “Ballad” on this album… the other songs on ….And Justice For All

Are way heavier.

He’s been hit by a landmine and he’s lost his sight, hearing, and ability to move or communicate. He’s literally stuck in his own mind. This doesn’t have some abstract meaning, it’s literal.

Only Metallica could do this back then and make it an Epic Tale - Only one of their Masterpieces. Come on!!! Love this band - The old masters of musice, Bach, Bethoven and so much more would have Loved this band.

Now, after listening to it and understanding what the song is about. Close your eyes, clear your head and feel it.

to 17:40 - She tried to kill him, but was stopped from the Army Guy. I love to movie, the book and the Song.

you know the guitar solo is good when she has the ultimate stink face showing

yo - they played this live on the “Grammy’s”. go back and watch that performance, HUGE. and watch the way they got screwed over for the award. they outsold and out drew everyone that year, they were a secret that only metalheads knew about. until that night. the grannies gave the award to Jethro Tull who put out an album no-one in the metal community knew exists. the judges were literally scared to death of Metallica. we called it the “Granny” awards after that.

the “And Justice for All” era Metallica is the greatest metal band of all time.

Master of Puppets is what you’re explaining at 16:30.

In the ALS community we call this circumstance locked-in. It’s when every single muscle, sans the eyes, is paralyzed, and death becomes an enticing conclusion.
I’ll be there some day - fortunately, we have “death with dignity” laws in Maine :confused: (I just can’t imagine someone telling me I can’t choose my own destiny… Droppin’ an F-bomb on those who would)

He said it was “simplistic” wtf. The words , music and video is anything but simplicity

That song (album) still kicks up your ass… To everyone! Masterpiece…

What a good analysis from both of you about this masterpiece by my favorite band, I loved it :fire:.
Greetings from Chile :chile:

The individual in this song, even if he can’t feel physical pain he can still feel psychic pain, and psychic pain is every bit as real as physical pain. And its a lot harder to deal with.