Therapist gets Therapist to experience Slipknot for the first time

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PylP5rnmFfo

Therapist introduces another therapist to Slipknot for the first time. They discuss how the band’s unique imagery, sound, and lyrics help us express our pain and live with the duality inside of us.

Slipknot

This is awesome! Spreading the experience of music, especially metal, is so fun!

Wow, hella early this time

U may remember me from the MIchael Vampire interview video with my commentary, I have been writing songs as “Mad Max” on this channel. I have a few ideas for songs and to therapy myself in so doing, like so many, Slipknot or others Motionless in White “Disguise” i recommend it. I have new songs about depressoin, bragging and being big, or audaciously celebrating insanity. But not ever succumbing to cyber or real bullying or even giving into others teasing me for being a “Big or Fat” artist on youtube. I have shame and guilt in friendships but I also celebrate the women in my life, while also new friends may disappoint me in romantic relationships. I got lotsa songs that i wrote myself, Mushroooms is a new idea i just got as they are like a Plant or Guilt you feed in the dark in the lunar lights, whereas if you let Pride or Self acceptance grow like a Tree/Flower or Sunflowers in the actual sun. Taylor is my fave new Youtube therapist on music reactions! Thanks ladies!

Fun Fact about this video: this is actually a fans house. They willingly let hundreds of people destroy their house for a “Slipknot” video.

Also, this song is about Corey Taylor having migraines, which the house serves as a metaphor for his head with all the people running in and breaking it being the pain from headaches. That’s why in the parts where he’s kinda talk-singing, he’s sounding like he’s got his hand on his own head to alleviate pressure and the line “I push my fingers into my eyes” also has the same relief-effect.

Roman’s is alright tho… welcome… to … slip… knot…

You need to react to disasterpice and purity slipknot :love_you_gesture:t3:

Yes, you are a slipknot fan now😁

The Police, Message in a Bottle - do it.

Lol I love how everyone is at first scared of the masks and then they just vibe to the music after all

Absolutely perfect passing of the torch

Love each of your reaction vids.
Please react to “Neon Gravestones” by Twenty One Pilots. It was almost left off of the album because it is “too deep” for the media

Thanks for video so much, more Slipknot video!:heart:

This song was my introduction to Slipknot when it first came out on MTV. Through some tough times in my life this song has really hit home and I definitely can feel these words. Another song that really strikes home when I was younger was For You by Staind. I’m not sure you have covered that. After seeking help with some childhood trauma, it made sense why For You really put me in an emotional state at times.

Trips me out they were just on Hot Ones lol

Slipknot has always had a special part in my heart, I’ve been a fan for 15-20 years now, the pain and emotion conveyed in their songs is very relatable, almost shedding their skin and emotions through pure musical talent. I highly recommend you listen to I WIll Find You by Whitechapel. The song is life-changing and you won’t be disappointed.

I love that she leaned closer to hear it better hahaha.

you should listen to one of my turns by pink floyd that song is perfect for a therapists opinion

all these years later and I’m still pushing my fingers into my eyes

lol you like the friend who sees something weird or gross and then makes your friend watch it to share it