Therapist reacts to a 45 by Shinedown

Great analysis of the lyrics. This is the way that I saw the song, it’s more of a way to fight against your life and try to make people listen to you before it’s gets too bad.

This was a hard song to listen to, my best friend took his own life with a gun just after he moved to the US

I don’t know if you take requests, but if you do, would you react to Imagine Dragon’s “Demons”? It was a song the mental health facility I stayed a few weeks at had us analyze and talk about.

I was 16 when this song first came out. I won’t ever forget hearing it on Rock 108 for the first time. It, along with Down With The Sickness by Disturbed, was responsible for me finding rock/metal music and getting into the genre. The lyrics spoke to me as I didn’t have a great childhood at school. The song itself was powerful and I quickly became a Shinedown fan. It’s one of the songs I’ll still turn to when I start to feeling depressed or unable to see the brighter side.

Shinedown, Disturbed, Godsmack, A Perfect Circle, Metallica, Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Killswitch Engage. They’re all who I turned to in my mid-to-late teens to get me through some of my toughest days. And they’re still who I turn to now in my mid-to-late 30s, twenty years later, to get me through tough days.

How about Human by Rag’n’Bone Man ?

REQUEST: Wrong Side Of Heaven - Five Finger Death Punch

There are a few songs by Five Finger Death Punch that I think you might really like. . .

My big brother committed suicide later on I tried to commit suicide and my little brother saved my life

You should really listen to Shinedown’s song “Daylight”. It’s about having someone there for you when you aren’t sure you’ll make it through the night and likewise being there for some in the same situation. It’s a beautiful song, really inspirational. I’m an introvert so I don’t really feel things like loneliness and depression, but this song gets me crying every time for the people that do.

Listen to him tell the story of the song and you will understand better

Some people in the rock and metal community treat Shinedown like they’re mediocre dadrock, but Brent Smith has had one of the best voices for yeeeears. He sounds just like this in his live vids, too - highly recommend the cover of Simple Man.

I had a cousin commit s**cide when their Sound of Madness album came out, I would recommend Call Me and The Cow & The Butterfly from that album.

Jacksonville represent!
Duuuvaaal

This song reminds of a place in my mind I never want to go to ever again

You should react to “Quiet now” by Cold

.45 is not a gun… it’s a caliber of projectile. 1911 is a gun, that mostly fires that projectile.

Starring down the barrelOf a 45

Truth. My anger at my pain is the only reason I haven’t blown the back of my head against the wall. I’m so angry at my pain that I must attack the source. I won’t defeat myself like so many others do. Giving in to the pain is not an option. I will not spend my last seconds conceding defeat from the people that caused my pain.

Shinedown is such a great group that is criminally underrated! Check out Cyanide Sweet Tooth, Sound of Madness,Second Chance, Sin With a Grin, Burning Bright, Lacerated.

Highly recommend checking out “Call Me” and “Symptom of Being Human” in the future