Therapist reacts to a 45 by Shinedown

Yup so been there after my ex wife accused me of DV which all the chatges were dropped i put a gun in my mouth a few times and everyone in my family believed her they never gave me the benefit of a doubt and i hated them for that i lost everything had to sell my house was homeless for 16 months havent seen my kids since Christmas day 2022 i literally told my stepmom i wanted to sue her and her kids for helping my ex on a lie. Now im better im renting a house all on my own finally got my VA disability status to 100% P&T and now its time to get my kids back!!!on another note i self admitted myself to get some help and thats when everything started to get better!!

As a Shinedown fan I am feeling so bad for the therapist right now. Gee let’s have a very empathetic caring person with a high EQ listen to the raging mind of someone with those thoughts and feelings. What can happen? Especially when she had a friend who succumbed to the darkness… What can go wrong? My sympathies.

It was always the breath at the end that got me. Cause I’ve been there. That breath on the other side of deciding not to leave. That always put a pit in my gut…

Agree with the commenter above that said it’s misunderstood in a lot of ways… Though it is pretty straightforward @ it’s core.
If anyone wants to hear it straight from the horses mouth, they can listen to their album “Live From Kansas City” because Brent gives background and stories about how the songs came about and what not and I believe a friend of his or relative and maybe I believe it was right around Christmas either took their own life or came close ….
It’s been a long time since I’ve heard that album and I really hope I’m not miss speaking. I do think it’s from that album. Otherwise it was maybe from a show but I do think it’s that album. it’s pretty powerful.

As misunderstood as the song might be, it is pretty self-explanatory. I mean it is somebody you know in a dark place and as we know, Brent was an addict and you know in a dark place in that time.
I mean, has she ever heard Save me? she should listen to those together.m If She doesn’t know anything about Brent or the band.

It’s amazing how the band has literally come full circle to Brent being an addict in it in a dark place, and those songs fueling his lyrics and his pain being evident to now having songs like daylight and get up where they are huge mental health advocates and are very open about if you’re struggling and helping people, it’s just it’s really beautiful

I’ve stared down that barrel before, carried a .45 cartridge with my initials on it with me for a couple years for when I couldn’t take it anymore. I made it through thx to my little girl and a damn good dog.

This song actually saved my life I had just came back from the sandbox and had lost my family while I was there a friend was able to put the pieces together and figure out what I was about to do and sat me down and we had a good conversation

Please check out A Symptom of Being Human by them. It is about suicide prevention and acceptance of who you are. It is masterfully done…:heart:

1:34 …same, but it was my father when i was 14

As one who has a story of SI I can tell you that Shinedown and Jellyroll has influenced my mental health for the better. It’s one thing to point at others and say “you don’t understand me”… but Shinedown and Jellyroll music helped me to name my depression and anxiety. Until you can name it you cannot overcome it.

As a late diagnosed adult on the Spectrum, this song makes alot of sense. I’ve wanted to exit more than once. I have plenty of struggle with self-worth and value. I help when asked and that’s big for me but I don’t ask for help in return always thinking is it important enough to make someone pause what they’re doing? Who am I to disrupt their life.

Wow I haven’t heard this song since I was a kid. Hits different now, I’ve been through a lot. That anger you mentioned around 8:30 helped me out of…the after party, working on the rest still but I’m here

Given both the title of your channel and the fact the lead singer himself is also a therapist now. I’m pretty sure you could really get into the band Citizen Soldier. A lot of people start with their song “would anyone care” but realistically just about any of their songs are amazing, they both touch on many different mental health issues people go through as well as some uplifting songs that remind you to keep fighting and that you aren’t alone.

Welcome to the mind of men most of us try to say something but we can’t it gets used against us that’s probably the reason why men are the ones to do suicide more then women and it sucks cuz no one cares for us. That’s why us guys needs a best friend a man to talk to

Please listen to Alice in Chains

Five Finger Death Punch : Wrong Side of Heaven, Coming Down.

It’s a metaphor for life.

This song isn’t about a gun, 45 is a metaphor for the world

Love shinedown…

React to Bench Seat by Chase Rice! Please.

Shinedowns version of Simple Man, is one of the best music videos on YouTube.
Well worth a listen if you ever have the time.
Shinedown - Simple Man (Official Video)