Therapist reacts to Hail To the King by Avenged Sevenfold

Oof. You really missed the mark here… you should have reacted to A little piece of heaven official music video. Be sure to pause often n blur the video due to copyright . Enjoy

This is the price of tyranny. Are you a tyrant in your own life? Is there a shiver of fear when the henchmen call? How much carnage?

You should react to ugly truth by soundgarden

Thanks for the video.
Depeche mode - walking in my shoes
Silverchair - freak
Badflower - my teacher has a gun

What i think this song is about is politicians and the way they make people succumb to their beliefs and their choices, that might be so wrong, so messed up, but ”the king” is the one who makes the choices for you and you should just ”kneel to the crown” or else……

Great soundtrack for a “Change of Command Ceremony” in the US ARMY. Oh LT Commander you are so great LOL

I always thought that it was about one of the four horsemen from the Bible. Death was to go through the world and take the non believers. It’s in revelations. The start of the apocalypse.

Unholy confessions is a good song maybe check it out

I can relate to the pedalstal analogy, put my ex on there instead seeing the realism of the situation, after too many years of self deprecating I left and learned to heal my life, so easy to fall victim to this mentally, but it can always be fixed, there is always hope

Check out Unholy Confessions, Bat Country, and Beast and the Harlot

Listen to this means war by then pleasee :smiley:

You never reacted to the song!!

Bat Country and Beast And The Harlot are great songs.

What you have here, is the Kings of story telling. I highly recommend you either turn on closed caption, or watch a lyric video. When checking out Avenged Sevenfold. Most of the time there is such a deeper meaning but you only get it knowing the lyrics. Just a thought from a person that thinks to much…:blush:

A little piece of haven pls

All these songs from A7X suggested are def must sees, my opinion would be to add Buried Alive to these must sees!

I’ve always seen the meaning as the King is the ultimate judge, jury executioner, and you must comply, hence Hail to The King is to stay out of his sights as a desenting voice. You praise to avoid execution.
My take. Always loved Avenged Sevenfold. Heretic Blood and Requiem are great from this album. They have so many great songs from The Beast and the Harlot, Bat Country, Almost Easy, Buried Alive (my favorote song) to So Far Away. You have much to explore. :metal:

Please do Ratatata by babymetal and electriccallboy

If you think the things you looked up were awful, wait until you realise what Vlad the Impaler was known for… and to be honest, that was pretty tame in comparison to some of the shit we did to each other once upon a time

Oh good lord, there is SO MUCH to unpack with Avenged Sevenfold! I really hope you do a deep dive like you did with Slipknot!

They’ve had 8 albums in 21/22 years, most were with their previous drummer who they grew up with who sadly passed away in 2009 (I think?) and their sound has changed SO MUCH in that time, as has their songwriting, and in particular I have a feeling you’d probably love their latest album because it’s so experimental and the themes within it are so meaningful. Not to mention some of the music videos being incredibly thought provoking like Nobody, Mattel and Cosmic